Starting Your Own Creation Care Ministry or Green Team
- Meet with your faith leaders to learn their goals.
- Gain the support of lay leadership. Provision is made in The Book of Discipline, paragraph #254 Other Ministry Group Coordinators, to form an Earth Advocacy Committee.
- Identify and recruit others with similar passion for caring for God’s creation and form your team.
- Meet with your team, create a mission statement, establish your goals, set your priorities, and form a plan of action. Identify the intentional acts of caring and justice you wish to incorporate at the beginning.
- Be inclusive. Share your ideas with others in your church and community, then listen for their feedback and ideas.
- Get started! Have fun and let everyone know how you’re progressing. This is like a faith walk – everyone starts exactly where they are and each person moves forward at his or her own pace. Be patient, and celebrate your successes!
- Good luck! And let us know how you’re doing! Email stories and photos to CreationCareWNCC@gmail.com.