Lessons in Leadership
Rabbi Sacks was recently asked some questions on the subject of leadership by a British student on the Executive Education Programme at the Harvard Business School. The questions focussed on his own leadership journey and the lessons he learnt along the way. The video, originally intended just to help this one student with an assignment, ended up being shown to the entire course. So we thought we would share it with you here.
In this video, Rabbi Sacks answers the following questions:
- What was the defining moment in your leadership journey?
- What are your values, principles and boundaries?
- How did you discover your strengths and passions?
- How do you build an integrated life?
- How do you build a team?
- What difference have you sought to make in the world?
- What have you learnt about leadership?
And, read the book… Rabbi Jonathan Sacks mines the weekly Torah portions for insights into the nature of power, authority, and leadership. Based on the understanding that no man is born a leader, the book explores the principles, and perils, of becoming one. Profound, eloquent, and deeply inspiring, Lessons in Leadership reveals the biblical secrets of influence, as relevant now as they were three thousand years ago.
Available on amazon.com ... Lessons in Leadership: A Weekly Reading of the Jewish Bible by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks