Clergy Coach Training: Preparation for ICF Certification
The General Board of Higher Education, Division of Ordained Ministry (GBHEM) has partnered with Coaching4Clergy, operated by Rev. Dr. J. Val Hastings, MCC, in offering a leadership program centered on the development of coaching skills for effective congregational and clergy leadership. The program will consist of sixteen clergy (i.e., Elders, Deacons, Licensed Local Pastors, Chaplains, Bishops, and Retired Clergy) with more than five years of full time ministerial experience. Participants selected for this program will be prepared to meet the standards for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential conferred by theInternational Coach Federation (ICF). These requirements include:
- 60 hours of coach specific training through online classes (including 7 hours of a group practice lab)
- 100 hours of client coaching experience
- 10 hours of work with a Mentor Coach (7 hours of group mentoring coaching and 3 hours of individual mentor coaching)
- Participants are responsible for $1700.00 of installment payments to Coaching4Clergy. A payment plan can be made by contacting email@example.com or by calling (484) 945-2767.
- The Clergy Lifelong Learning office at GBEHM will underwrite each participant with a Tuition Grant of $500. This grant funding will be paid directly to Coaching4Clergy.
- GBHEM will underwrite each student with a grant of $300 for mentoring with an approved UMC endorsed coach. This grant funding will be paid directly by GBHEM to the identified coach. Participants selecting another ICF certified coach to meet the mentoring component will be responsible for these additional three hours coaching fees.