Project AGAPE, a ministry to Armenia and to some of our most desperate Christian brothers and sisters, is a collaborative effort of the North Carolina and the Western North Carolina Conferences of The United Methodist Church in a joint effort with the Armenian Apostolic Church.
AGAPE = American Greater Armenian Partnership Efforts
Project AGAPE brings hope to vulnerable children.
The Mission Response Center receives and distributes humanitarian aid items, serves as a depot center for UMCOR, and offers staging for Disaster Response. The MRC also offers space to for Project AGAPE Christmas boxes and other supplies for Armenia.
Needed: Volunteer groups or individuals wishing to help sort mission materials.
Visit the Mission Response Center Page for Drop Off Hours
Click here to open the MRC Volunteer Sign-up Form.
- Bulletin Insert
- Fact Sheet
- 8.5x14 Brochure
- Ways to help
- VBS Resources - Project Agape Chicken Project
- VBS Resources - Project Agape Cattle Project
- VBS Resources - Project Agape Children's Home
- VBS Resources - Project Agape Christmas Boxes
- If you need more information on Project AGAPE or would like to schedule a program for your local church or small group please contact the Rev. Allan Van Meter, 336-403.6792.
2022 Drop-off Dates & Locations
Dates: April 25 – 29, 2022, September 26 – 30, 2022
Priority Items this year are
- New shoes
- School supplies
- Twin Bed mattresses
- Children’s clothing
- Christmas boxes
- Home furnishings – sofa, tables, chairs, bed frames, chest of drawers
- Kitchen supplies- pots and pans, kitchenware
- Bedroom supplies – sheets, towels, blankets
- Hygiene supplies
Christmas Boxes can be dropped off at these sites. But all Christmas boxes must be packed in larger cardboard boxes so that they can be transported in the truck. Please do not leave individual Christmas boxes at the drop off sites.
Maylo UMC, 1900 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia (near Ranlo), Contact – Amy King-704.824.3529. Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-12 p.m.
Pleasant Hill UMC – 1102 Warlick Dr., Lawndale, NC 28080, Contact: Deborah Mauney – 704-616-2888. Monday & Wednesday - 11 am -3 pm, Tuesday & Thursday – 4pm- 8 pm, Friday – 10 am – 1 pm, Saturday- 9 am- 2 pm (one exception – Friday, Sept. 30 – 10 am – 6 pm). Take donations to the handicap ramp at the Fellowship Hall door.
Groce UMC, 954 Tunnel Road, Asheville, 828.298.7647. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-2;00 p.m.
First UMC, Lenoir - 309 Church Street NW, Lenoir, 828.754.4922. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Trinity UMC, 3819 Country Club Rd., Winston-Salem, NC, 27104 Donations will be accepted Weds., Thurs, and Fri., from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Drop off items at the rear of the church between the buildings. Volunteers will be on site.
Salem UMC, 1206 Salem Church Road, Morganton, 828.433.6600, Tuesday and mFriday,11a.m.- 6 p.m.
Hinshaw UMC, 4501 West Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, 336.299.6330 -Use the back covered entrance near the mailbox. Please contact Jim Waynick, 336.-549-4140 during the week of April 25 – 29 and September 26 -30 to arrange a time to bring donations.
Memorial UMC, 101 Randolph Street, Thomasville, 336.472.7718. Monday-Thursday 8 a.m-3 p.m. Drop off donated items under the covered walkway at the Agape/MRC donations' sign.
First UMC, China Grove, 110 West Church Street (NC Hwy 152 West), 704.857.9713. Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Use the covered side entrance at the parking lot. Contact Person: Wanda Watts, 704.467.3235.
Providence UMC, 2810 Providence Road Charlotte, NC 28211. 704-366-2823. Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. & Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. For other times contact: Rev. Brandon Dirks at 502-523-8999 or 704-714-7378. *Take donations to the main office door and ring the doorbell for help. Someone will instruct you where to drop off your donated items.
Mission Response Center, 8973 Greenwood Rd. Terrell, NC. Donations can be dropped off at the MRC throughout the year. Call Ben Rogers, 910-366-7692, To confirm a date and time when to drop off donated items.
Please read this additional note! Due to the great response of greater donation quantities in recent years a change is needed to the Conference collection schedule.
Therefore, in 2022, the Conference will pick up donations on the following dates for the spring conations the Conference will pick up on May 3 and 5. For the fall pick ups the dates will be October 4 and 6. Tony Beauchamp (336-650-3702) who does the I 40 pickups will be in touch and let you know which churches he will pick up on which day. Cecil Donahue (336-209-5875) who does the I 85 pickups will pick up Hinshaw, Memorial and China Grove on May 3. October 4 then Providence, Pleasant Hill and Ranlo will be picked up on May 5, October 6.
Monetary gifts may be made on Project AGAPE Sunday and year-round through your local church or mailed to:
Please include “Project AGAPE” on the memo line.
Christmas Box Instructions & Packing List
1. Please use only plastic shoe size (6 qt.) boxes with lids. An example of this is made by Sterilite Plastic Box. Please do not use a cardboard shoe box, it cannot be accepted. The plastic boxes with lids will be useful in other ways to the children and their families.
2. Feel free to include in your box a note of greeting and encouragement. You may want to include a picture of yourself or a group in your church. Also, if you want to correspond with the child who receives your box, please include your postal address.
3. Please enclose $5 in cash or check for transportation costs for each box. Checks are to be made out to:
a. FOR WNCC CONFERENCE: “WNCC Treasurer” and mark “AGAPE-Xmas Boxes,” on the memo line. Checks may be mailed WNCC Treasury Services, Project AGAPE, PO Box 2757, Huntersville, NC 28070-2757 OR given to your local church treasurer who may then send a single check using the address and instructions listed above. Boxes should be delivered to the Mission Response Center or included in the district’s AGAPE collections.
b. FOR NCC CONFERENCE: “NC Conference” & marked for Agape Christmas Boxes. Checks may be placed inside of the box ON TOP of the gift items or mailed to NC Conference, PO Box 890202, Charlotte, NC 28289-0202. All boxes should be taken to the MERCI Mission Warehouse at 676 Community Drive in Goldsboro. Many Districts will have drop-off points in those Districts. Special deliveries can be arranged by contacting Bill Haddock at email@example.com or at 910-262-3831. All boxes and items for the boxes are needed at the MERCI Warehouse no later than October 1, 2020.
4. Please choose the age level and sex of the child for whom you want to prepare a box. Fill the box as specified below. LIST EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR BOX AND THE AMOUNT USING THE CHECK LIST AND TAPE IT SECURELY TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. If you add anything that is not listed, please write it in under “other.” Wrap box with 3 rubber bands to secure the lid.