Restoration House WNC
June 1, 2021
Starting in February and going through April, Restoration House served a recorded total of 38 individuals and families.
- 5 families were placed into stable housing
- 2 individuals were helped to be transported and signed into rehab/detox
- 10 (approx.) individuals received food per week
- 7 families that do not have transportation had food delivered to their homes
- An average of 3 individuals a week were able to take hot showers and wash their clothing
- Electric shut-off was prevented for 4 families through different programs and funds through RH
- Water shut-off was prevented for 4 families
- 3 clients built their resume and successfully found full time employment
Saturday, June 19th from 9am-4pm Yard sale located in the back parking lot of the Bryson City United Methodist Church. Donations of household items, furniture, etc. will be accepted a week before hand. All proceeds go towards Restoration House WNC and Sweet Dreams Winter Homeless Shelter.
Saturday, July 10th Restoration House WNC 1st Annual Motorcycle Run. Meet at Darnell Farms between 9:15am-10am for registration and coffee, kickstands up at 10:15. Join us on a tour through Cherokee up the Blue Ridge Parkway to “Waterrock Knob” where we will be drawing the 50/50 raffle. Finish the tour down the Parkway back to Darnell Farms for a home-cooked meal platter with sweet tea & lemonade and the option of ordering from the food truck. Stick around for basket raffles, music by the creek, and hilarious bike games.
We have on-site as well as off-site volunteer opportunities in many vital capacities within our community-centered nonprofit organization. We are very cautious and follow proto- cols to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of our volunteers and clients. If you would like to be a part of this mission, please reach out to us by phone (828)538-4540 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Our hours of operation are Mon-Fri 10am-2pm.