Applications Now Accepted for Intentional Growth Center Grants
November 11, 2020
The Intentional Growth Center is pleased to announce it is now awarding grants to local congregations and church organizations. Grants will be available for ministries that increase Christian Discipleship and Church Leader Development for clergy and laity of all denominations, but with primary attention to persons of the Southeastern Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church.
For over 40 years the Intentional Growth Center (an agency of the SEJ UMC) was housed at Lake Junaluska, NC and provided continuing education and in-person growth opportunities for clergy and laity across the southeast. The IGC has now transitioned into a grant-funding organization that will enable and support ministries designed and sponsored by other organizations. The application process for 2021 grants is now open, with an application deadline of February 15, 2021, and grants expected to be awarded in May of 2021.
Grant applications should focus on educational events or programs that increase pastoral and congregational effectiveness. Preference will be given to projects that meet one or more of these funding priorities:
- Ministries and programs that strengthen church leadership (lay or clergy), especially those that train leaders for collaborative, community-based ministry in the settings where the leaders live.
- Ministries and programs that strengthen Christian discipleship, music, worship, or the church’s witness and innovation across the community.
- Ministries and programs that meet a special need not commonly addressed by other organizations.
- Ministries and programs affiliated with Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center.
- Ministries and programs that draw diverse audiences (with regards to age, race, gender, orientation, identity, socioeconomic status, etc.) to Lake Junaluska.
- Both virtual and in-person ministries will be given consideration.
More information and application forms can be found at the IGC website:
The Intentional Growth Center looks forward to developing new ministry partners throughout the Southeastern Jurisdiction as together we increase Christian discipleship and develop church leaders.