Are you ready to do some real good in the world...that feels great?
The Fly In to Serve Others, a twice-a-year volunteer experience with Bahamas Habitat to provide dignified humanitarian outreach to The Bahamas, Haiti and Mexico.
The Fly-In brings together people from across the US to support island projects. Through the years these projects have included:
- Constructing a medical center
- Painting the Zion Children’s Home for neglected and abused island children
- Roofing a house damaged by a storm
- Repairing a building’s electrical circuitry
- Putting in a cistern for fresh water
- Digging a foundation for a home
- Reviving an ailing vehicle
- Delivering medical supplies
- Sheet-rocking a house
- Building a new Vocational School to teach useful, marketable job skills
Open to both pilots and passengers with a passion for service, the four-day event begins Thursday, October 22 with lunch in Orlando, FL, the Fly-In “launching pad.” After a check-in, the group takes flight, arriving in time for a beautiful Bahamian sunset. Friday’s work day has teams doing everything from delivering potable water to sheet-rocking a medical center. Saturday, teams finish up and then take the afternoon off for sightseeing. Participants return to Florida on Sunday the 25th.
The registration fee covers accommodations at mission base, Bahamas Methodist Habitat’s Camp Symonette, and most meals.
To register for Fly In to Serve Others, click here
Can’t come this year? Be a part of the experience and ship much-needed supplies and materials to our Venice, Florida distribution center. Check out our 2015 materials Wish List.
Ship donations to:
Bahamas Mehodist Habitat
100 Airport Avenue
Venice FL 34285
Be with us in spirit and make a contribution to Bahamas Habitat by clicking here
. To learn more about our dignified humanitarian service, visit www.bahamashabitat.org
This information provided by Paulette West of UM Volunteers in Mission.