Leadership Development Team Awards Nearly $50,000 in Grants
May 26, 2015
Charged with re-investing local church apportionment dollars into leadership development in the WNCC, the Leadership Development Team has awarded several innovative providers the funds to offer their programs at an affordable cost to the clergy and ministry professionals of this Conference. Check out these providers and the opportunities they are presenting:
- School of the Spirit – a one year school of Spiritual Formation led by Ann Starrette, Director of Spiritual Formation, Davidson UMC
- Pastoral Leadership Consultation Group – an experiential learning emphasizing conflict management & congregational system leadership led by Mark Larson of the Methodist Counseling & Consultation Services
- Creating a Culture of Renewal – a comprehensive approach to self-awareness leadership and ministry. Master the vital interplay between group dynamics, congregational culture and communication led by Rebekah Simon-Peter, Director of BridgeWorks
- Leading into Change – a 2 day retreat for deacons & church staff members to learn the Multiplying Ministries curriculum taught by Brian Zehr of Intentional Impact.
- Leadership & Personality – a 1 day conference to learn one’s personality profile and the impact of personality on leadership style and effectiveness led by John Crane of LJM Consulting Group, LLC.
- Children’s Ministry Cohort – a covenantal learning group for Children’s Ministers sponsored by Discipleship Ministries, Caroline Wood
- Creative Conflict Management Tools – a 6 month course on leading and dealing with conflict effectively; Patricia K. Suggs