WEEKLY UPDATE- 010215
January 1, 2015
Starting with the first Friday in January 2015, there will be a weekly update published. Rather than just highlighting the news stories published during the week, WEEKLY UPDATE will include a summary of the major changes to the website and other breaking news. Each week may look a little different, and will give you easy access to the most significant changes and highlights. Changes this week: On December 30th- changeover of the website to new host and servers. This also included website redesign and several new sections:
- LEADWNCC.ORG has it's own section of the website with the domain name going directly to the section. There are also a couple of more ways to discover resources you can use.
- VITAL.WNCCUMC.ORG has its own subdomain with more room to grow and expand.
- MISSION.WNCCUMC.ORG launched and will provide more opportunities for communicating missions and service opportunities in the WNCC. Read Katie Lineberger's description: Mission Engagement Team Launches New Site
- There are more primary links and options for finding pages and materials throughout the website. When in doubt, use the search bar at the top of the page.
- The Calendar (formerly "Events") had a serious makeover with some new options for presenting events from across the Conference.
- Careers has a more prominent link, and a simplified process for searching and viewing job opportunities. There are also directions on how to submit a job announcement.
- Over the next year, because of the ease of use of this website, we anticipate more groups and persons assisting with creating content and updating the site, making this an even better resource for you and your churches.
- Latest Career Updates | Latest News | Calendar/Events
- Wednesdays starting January 7, 2015: CONNECT- Connecting United Methodists and their stories 1/7- Bishop Goodpaster | 1/14- Sarah Howell 1/21- Steve Ellis | 1/28- Amy Coles
- Conference Blog 2.0 - post by Sally Langford “Circle Up! Jesus is Coming!“
- December 30, 2014 Issue of ENews
- If you would like to include a feed to the latest Western North Carolina Conference news on your website as a widget or in a script, this is the address to use: http://wnccumc.org/category/news/feed/
- If you would like to include a feed to the the latest VITAL resources found at vital.wnccumc.org, use this feed: http://vital.wnccumc.org/feed/