Disaster Ministries has three priorities: Readying, Resourcing, and Responding. Readying refers to our work and ministry in advance of anticipated and unanticipated disasters and crises.
Early Response Team Training and Recertification
2023 ERT Training Opportunities will be announced soon. Contact Ben Rogers with any questions. If you have an ERT badge that is about to expire, email Ben Rogers to inquire about Re-Certification.
- Please ready yourselves, your facilities, and any Early Response Teams.
- Familiarize yourself with the National Hurricane Center Resources: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov
- Familiarize yourself with Ready NC: https://www.readync.gov
- Remember to respond with relief only after an invitation from the appropriate local leaders.
- Visit UMCOR at: https://www.umcor.org
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- IS-360: Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship
- IS-366: Planning for the needs of children in disasters
- IS-914: Surveillance Awareness: What You Can Do
- IS-906: Workplace Security Awareness Course
- Flood Preparedness Playbook
- Hurricane Preparedness Playbook
- Tornado Preparedness Playbook
- Wildfire Preparedness Playbook
- Winter Storm Preparedness Playbook
- CDC Preparedness & Response
- Red Cross Online Disaster Response Classes