Bishop Leeland to Serve as Bishop in Western North Carolina Through 2021
May 27, 2020
May 27, 2020
The SEJ College of Bishops announces the plan for episcopal supervision for the Southeastern Jurisdiction until the 2020 postponed session of Jurisdictional Conference in November 2021. This plan was developed in consultation and dialogue with the SEJ Committee on Episcopacy, and the Council of Bishops has affirmed the actions of the SEJ College of Bishops to provide coverage in each episcopal area.
The assignments for the jurisdiction are:
1. Alabama-West Florida – Bishop David Graves
2. Florida – Bishop Ken Carter
3. Holston – Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor (postponing retirement)
4. Kentucky and Red Bird – Bishop Leonard Fairley
5. Memphis and Tennessee – Bishop Bill McAlilly
6. Mississippi – Bishop James Swanson (postponing retirement)
7. North Alabama – Bishop Debbie Wallace-Padgett
8. North Carolina – Bishop Hope Morgan Ward (postponing retirement)
9. North Georgia – Bishop Sue Haupert-Johnson
10. South Carolina – Bishop Jonathan Holston
11. South Georgia – Bishop Lawson Bryan (postponing retirement)
12. Virginia – Bishop Sharma Lewis
13. Western North Carolina – Bishop Paul Leeland (postponing retirement)
The current SEJ Committee on Episcopacy will continue to work with the College of Bishops to support the episcopal leaders and the conferences they serve.
Bishop Leonard Fairley
We celebrate Bishop Leeland’s extended ministry in Western North Carolina and express gratitude for his continued faithfulness in leading our Conference.