Pfeiffer Youth Theological Institute Taking Applications
May 10, 2016
Applications to the Pfeiffer Youth Theological Institute, a/k/a YeTI are now underway. As you may have heard and read, Pfeiffer University received a grant from the Lilly Endowment to create a summer program for high school students to help further their theological education, calling and discernment. Many of you may be familiar with the Duke Youth Academy that was established a number of years ago with help from Lilly. In 2015, Lilly made another round of awards to non-seminary colleges and universities, and Pfeiffer was blessed to be one of those schools.
- Summer 2016 we will welcome twelve (12) students (rising 10th through 12th grades), In subsequent years, we will host 36 students and will have three placement sites for Week 2 of the program.
- We are seeking students in the classes of 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Again, the primary purpose of the grant is to further theological discernment and exploration for high school youth, and we believe we’ve designed a program that will equip, challenge and grow the students who attend. We’ll have daily experiential learning opportunities, classroom experiences, worship and fellowship.
- Dates for the program are July 10-24, 2016. Deadline for application is May 27, 2016.
- A $75 deposit is due at the time of application which is non-refundable if the applicant is selected. The total cost for the two weeks is $300, and we’re hopeful that the student’s faith community will be a significant contributor to the expense.
- This year, students will spend a week on the Misenheimer campus engaging study and local ministry opportunities, followed by a week in Asheville working with the Missional Wisdom Foundation, http://missionalwisdom.com/academy/clarify/. We believe the program’s focus on eco-stewardship, Wesleyan Theology and intentional community makes this program a unique and worthwhile opportunity.
- Here is the link for more information and on-line application -- pfeiffer.edu/yeti.