"Caring for God's Creation" Art Contest
February 14, 2023
Purpose: The Art Contest is an opportunity for interested individuals to display their talents for artistic expression using different forms of media to promote Creation Care in the Western NC Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Eligibility: Participants must be current members of a UMC, or, for children ages 5-17 years of age, must be attending a UMC.
- Only one submission of artwork per person.
- Media includes: Pen, pencil, markers, oils, paints, charcoal, watercolors on canvas or paper.
- Artwork must be related to “Caring for God’s Creation.”
- Artwork must be at least 8”x10” but no larger than 18”x24”, due to size of display area.
- Each participant must take a photograph of his/her artwork and submit that photograph for entry and judging via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artwork must be an original piece, completed solely by the entrant/participant.
Category 1: ages 5-11 years
Category 2: ages 12-17 years
Category 3: ages 18 years and above
All photos of artwork should contain the following information:
- Name of participant and specific age category.
- For categories 1 and 2 (minors), artwork must be submitted via email by a parent or guardian, as no contact will be made between contest organizers and a minor child. Parent or guardian should include name and relationship to participant.
- The name and address of the UMC where participant is a member or, in the case of minor children, is attending, and the Conference where the church is located.
- A brief explanation of the artwork and how it relates to the theme.
ALL ARTWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 5, 2023. Late entries will not be included in the judging.
Permissions: By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our website, in our print media, newsletters, exhibits, print collateral, display images, and/or any additional event promotional materials, by the Western NC Conference Creation Care Ministry Team. Each entry may be featured for historical / archival purposes.