Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Licensing School program will now be offered online through Candler School of Theology.
This registration is for WNCC Licensing School including Orientation to Ministry. A link to register for the online program with Candler will be available soon and will be emailed to each participant that completes this registration. You must also complete the registration through Candler in order to be enrolled in the online Licensing School program. Participation in the Orientation to Ministry program will still be required by all persons coming under appointment in WNCC for the first time this summer. Completing the WNCC Licensing School Registration will also register you for the Orientation to Ministry program. Adaptations to the original Orientation to Ministry program are being made and will be announced ASAP. More information for both Licensing School and Orientation to Ministry will be forthcoming and will be posted on this webpage as available.
Licensing School Details
- The first assignment is due May 8 and the final due date is June 12.
- The required 80 contact hours will be spread throughout four weeks. Together, students will work through two or more subject areas each week.
- The cost is $350 per student, payable to Candler through their registration process. Western North Carolina Conference MEF (Ministerial Education Funds) will pay the rest of the costs.
- All students must have access to the internet, a working knowledge of email, a working knowledge of Facebook, a personal email address, and a personal Facebook account. Students may not use a church Facebook account or a general-use church email address.
- Discussions will occur on through a private Facebook group so each participant will need to establish a Facebook account.
- Videos through the course are on Vimeo and YouTube. There is some reading, writing reflection papers, and quizzes. Content is asynchronous, meaning you can move through it at your own pace. WNC leaders will be monitoring your progress and reading your submissions.
- The list of required books is available here.
- Each student will be assigned a mentor who can walk alongside them during the program.
Please direct questions to Kim Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org.