Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Licensing School program will now be offered online through Candler School of Theology.
This registration is for WNCC Licensing School including Orientation to Ministry. Participation in the Orientation to Ministry program will still be required by all persons coming under appointment in WNCC for the first time this summer. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email with links to complete payment and join the Licensing School Facebook group. Completing the WNCC Licensing School Registration will also register you for the Orientation to Ministry program. Adaptations to the original Orientation to Ministry program are being made and will be announced ASAP. More information for both Licensing School and Orientation to Ministry will be forthcoming and will be posted on this webpage as available.
Licensing School Details (UPDATED 4/29/2020)
- Licensing school will be offered online through Candler School of Theology. The first assignment will be emailed on May 8th and the final assignment will be due by June 19th.
- The required 80 contact hours will be spread throughout six weeks. Together, students will work through one module each week.
- The WNCC MEF (Ministerial Education Fund) will be used to subsidize tuition with the cost to the student being $350 payable to Candler through the link provided in your WNCC Licensing School registration confirmation email.
- All students must have access to the internet, a working knowledge of email, a working knowledge of Facebook, a personal email address, and a personal Facebook account. Students may not use a church Facebook account or a general-use church email address.
- Discussions will occur on through a private Facebook group. You will receive a link to join in your WNCC Licensing School registration confirmation email.
- Course content includes videos from Vimeo and YouTube, reading, writing reflection papers, and quizzes. Content is asynchronous, meaning you can move through it at your own pace. WNCC leaders will be monitoring your progress and reading your submissions.
- The list of required books is available here.
- Each student will be assigned a mentor who can walk alongside them during the program.
- For more information about Orientation to Ministry, the second part of Licensing School, please visit this webpage. Please remember that anyone registering for Licensing School does NOT need to complete the Orientation to Ministry registration since it is included in the Licensing School registration. If you need help determining which registration to complete, please contact your district office.
Please direct questions to Kim Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org.