Licensing School Details (UPDATED 03/11/2021)
Cost is $325 if participant is coming under clergy appointment or lay assignment in WNCC in the 2021 conference year. Thanks to the generosity of WNC churches through the Ministerial Education Fund (MEF) apportionment, the other half of the expense is underwritten. Cost is $650 if participant is not coming under clergy appointment or lay assignment in WNCC in the 2021 conference year. Payment is due by card at the time of registration.
An Introduction to WNC Licensing School will be held Monday, May 10 from 7:00-8:30 p.m by Zoom (link will be emailed the week prior).
WNCC is proud to partner with Candler School of Theology at Emory University to facilitate the first 6 weeks of the program. It will include asynchronous (at your own pace) learning with additional opportunities and expectations from the conference. The learning platform is Moodle.
The portion of Licensing School facilitated through Candler will be held from Friday, May 7 through Friday, June 18. Each Friday participants will receive a new lesson and it will be due the following week. All appointments and assignments are made pending successful completion of all Licensing School components by identified deadlines.
WNCC Licensing School requirements additional to the Candler program include:
- Ethics in Ministry course
- United Methodist Polity course
- United Methodist History course
- Participation in Orientation to Ministry (registration included with Licensing School registration)
A program handbook with more detailed information will be included in the registration confirmation email.
- Licensing School Director: Rev. Lauren Anderson
- The Licensing School Director will hold office hours where participants can ask questions or explore topics more deeply. Participation is optional.
- Orientation to Ministry Director: Rev. Kim Ingram
- LS/O2M Administrative Needs: Adri Bullard-Rogers