Justice & Reconciliation
The Justice and Reconciliation Team is one of four ministries that relate to the Vision Alignment Team. This team promotes excellence and fruitfulness in congregational life and ecclesial structures that reflect full diversity, works of justice, and participation by all people. A number of advocacy agencies relate to this work including Interreligious Concerns, Religion and Race, Commission on the Status and Role of Women, Church and Society, Health and Human Services institutions and the Committees on African American, Asian American, Native American and Hispanic Ministries. This work takes place primarily at the local church level. For more information, please contact the Conference Office 704.535.2260
2020 MLK Celebration
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: St. Paul UMC, 2400 Dellabrook Road, Winston Salem, NC 27105
Keynote Speaker: Clara J. Ester
Cost: $10, includes lunch
Click here to download the event flyer.
Click here to register.
Justice & Reconciliation Grants
To apply for a J&R grant, click the link below.
Click here to open the WNCC-UMC eGrant.net application.
Click here to download instructions for accessing and using eGrant.net.
- Justice and Reconciliation Team
- About Justice and Reconciliation
- Justice and Reconciliation Mission, Values, Purpose
- Upcoming Events of Interest
Articles found in Proclaim Newsletter:
- Becoming Church for Today’s World
- FlameBuilders Graduates 18 Class 2 Participants
- The Power of Red: Celebrating 60 years of Full Clergy Rights for Women in the UMC
- The Spirit of Pentecost
- The Loathed Samaritan
Ministry with the Poor
- A Welcoming Table- May 1-3
- Why the "WITH" Matters in Ministry with the Poor
- Healing Body, Mind and Spirit at Restoration House
- Common Contributors to Financial Strain
Race Issues and more
- NETworX – Building relationships across class and race
- BMCR-We're Still Here!
- Struggles and Sacrifice at Africa University
- NC Council of Churches Promotes Voter Registration and Access
Environment, Peace and more
- Longstanding Commitment to the Environment Bears Great Fruit for Centenary UMC
- 2016 MLK, Jr. Celebration Recap
- Finding Community in Strange Places
- Hope for Peace from a Veteran’s Perspective
- Reflections on Policing, Race and Gratitude
- Surprises and Hope from Hiroshima
- Save a Life This Christmas
- Adoption and the Church
- Blessings and Challenges of an Asian Church
- Friends in a Global Setting
- Daybreak Recovery Community of Asheville
- History is Not the Same as Destiny for David Griffin
- My Story- Mark Stinson
- Border Links & Photo Essay
- Casa Azul Crosses Language Borders
- Hispanic/Latino Ministries in the Metro District
- Mision Adonai- Where Good News is Shared in Word and Deed
- Project Salud y Paz
COSROW and more
- Loving God in the Trenches
- Newly Elected COSROW Convener for WNC Conference
- Where Grace Grows
- Beating the Odds Award Winners
- Just Save One- Petition to Annual Conference
- Disciple Bible Outreach Ministry, of NC Inc.
- What If?
- Towards a Multi-Cultural Church by Rodvegas Ingram
- Towards a Multi-Cultural Church by Pat Merricks
- 8 Questions to Answer before Starting a Cross-Cultural Appointment
- Countdown to Zero AIDS Event
- A History of Triad Native American Ministry
Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- 2014 Grant Recipients
- "More Than a Dream"
- Good Neighbor Award
- 2015 Convocation for Pastors of Black Churches
- 2015 WNCC MLK, Jr. Celebration
Black Methodists for Church Renewal (BMCR)