Justice & Reconciliation
New (08/18/2022) Racial Healing and Reconciliation Reference Guide
The Racial Health and Reconciliation Learning Cohort Guide Team has prepared a Reference Guide for Local Churches interested in pursuing racial healing and reconciliation, which includes information from the program, lessons learned from the pilot program, and support resources for moving forward in action.
Click here to download the Guide.
New (08/02/2022) EVENT: Courageous Conversations with Tasha Morrison
Register for Courageous Conversations with Tasha Morrison to learn about racial reconciliation. Tasha is a speaker, author, reconciler, bridge-builder and leader, committed to educate people on cultural intelligence and racial literacy.
The event will take place at Light of Christ UMC located at 9106 Bryant Farms Road in Charlotte on September 10, 2022, from 9:00 - 3:00 pm. This is event is free, however, registration is required.
A BBQ lunch will be available for purchase and child care will be provided at no cost.
Click here to register.
New (07/20/2022) Grant Support from the General Board of Church and Society
Funding is being provided for the following programs: Ethnic Local Church Grants, Human Relations Day Grants, and Peace and Justice Grants. Applications will be accepted from August 1, 2022 to September 16, 2022. Click here for additional information about the grants and the online application.
The Justice and Reconciliation Team is one of four ministries that relate to the Vision Alignment Team. This team promotes excellence and fruitfulness in congregational life and ecclesial structures that reflect full diversity, works of justice, and participation by all people. A number of advocacy agencies relate to this work including interreligious concerns, Religion and Race, Commission on the Status and Role of Women, Church and Society, Health and Human Services institutions and the Committees on African American, Asian American, Native American and Hispanic Ministries. This work takes place primarily at the local church level. For more information, please contact the Conference Office 704.535.2260
Justice & Reconciliation Grants
Learn More about the Justice & Reconciliation Team
Articles from Proclaim Newsletter
MLK, Jr. Commemoration Services
Black Methodists for Church Renewal (BMCR)
Click here to answer the polling questions related to this video.
Video: Cultural Humility Discussion by Panelists
To apply for a J&R grant, click the link below.
Click here to open the WNCC-UMC eGrant.net application.
Click here to download instructions for accessing and using eGrant.net.
Register now for opportunities to participate on 11/19/20, 2/18/2021, or 3/16/2021.
- Justice and Reconciliation Team
- About Justice and Reconciliation
- Justice and Reconciliation Mission, Values, Purpose
- Upcoming Events of Interest
- Becoming Church for Today’s World
- FlameBuilders Graduates 18 Class 2 Participants
- The Power of Red: Celebrating 60 years of Full Clergy Rights for Women in the UMC
- The Spirit of Pentecost
- The Loathed Samaritan
Ministry with the Poor
- A Welcoming Table- May 1-3
- Why the "WITH" Matters in Ministry with the Poor
- Healing Body, Mind and Spirit at Restoration House
- Common Contributors to Financial Strain
Race Issues and more
- NETworX – Building relationships across class and race
- BMCR-We're Still Here!
- Struggles and Sacrifice at Africa University
- NC Council of Churches Promotes Voter Registration and Access
Environment, Peace and more
- Longstanding Commitment to the Environment Bears Great Fruit for Centenary UMC
- 2016 MLK, Jr. Celebration Recap
- Finding Community in Strange Places
- Hope for Peace from a Veteran’s Perspective
- Reflections on Policing, Race and Gratitude
- Surprises and Hope from Hiroshima
- Save a Life This Christmas
- Adoption and the Church
- Blessings and Challenges of an Asian Church
- Friends in a Global Setting
- Daybreak Recovery Community of Asheville
- History is Not the Same as Destiny for David Griffin
- My Story- Mark Stinson
- Border Links & Photo Essay
- Casa Azul Crosses Language Borders
- Hispanic/Latino Ministries in the Metro District
- Mision Adonai- Where Good News is Shared in Word and Deed
- Project Salud y Paz
COSROW and more
- Loving God in the Trenches
- Newly Elected COSROW Convener for WNC Conference
- Where Grace Grows
- Beating the Odds Award Winners
- Just Save One- Petition to Annual Conference
- Disciple Bible Outreach Ministry, of NC Inc.
- What If?
- Towards a Multi-Cultural Church by Rodvegas Ingram
- Towards a Multi-Cultural Church by Pat Merricks
- 8 Questions to Answer before Starting a Cross-Cultural Appointment
- Countdown to Zero AIDS Event
- A History of Triad Native American Ministry