Fund Development Coordinator
The North Carolina Council of Churches is hiring a full-time Fund Development Coordinator. The full job description is posted below and at this link.
Position: Fund Development Coordinator
COUNCIL DESCRIPTION With more than eight decades of progressive activism, the North Carolina Council of Churches remains the leading faith voice for justice advocacy in North Carolina. We are particularly concerned about issues related to care of creation, health care, immigration, farmworkers, voting rights, food security, peace, and making all congregations healthier places. The Council embraces ethnic, racial, gender, and sexual diversity.
JOB DESCRIPTION The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to social justice and enjoy contributing to a great mission by supporting the work of others in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will have experience with a full range of fundraising objectives including major gifts, annual giving, sponsorships, grants, planned giving, and special events. The Council has tremendous room for growth in major gifts and new donors.
Responsibilities for the coordinator will include:
- Process donations and oversee appropriate response to donors.
- Oversee spring and fall appeals.
- Research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gift donors.
- Establish a donor portfolio for Executive Director and Program Directors.
- Work with Council leadership to increase Council visibility.
- Assist with drafting grant proposals.
- At least 3 years experience successfully running a fundraising program in a nonprofit setting.
- Experience working with a comprehensive development program that includes major gifts, annual giving, grants, and special events.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a go-getter attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable workstyle with the ability to work in an open office environment. Some nights and weekends necessary.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with databases. Knowledge of Powerbase is a plus.
The Council offers inspired, mission-driven co-workers, as well as paid time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, twelve holidays, free parking, retirement plan contribution and match, and disability insurance coverage.
Our organization is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Council is an equal opportunity employer. The Council does not discriminate on the basis of person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, age, disability or genetic information.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three reference letters in one PDF to email@example.com. Position open until filled, with priority given to applications received before May 10, 2019.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Email: Click to email