Director of Public Information
United Methodist Communications - https://www.resourceumc.org/en/agencies/communications/about-us
The Director of Public Relations/Information serves as an important link between the church and the news media, both religious and secular. We are seeking someone with a passion for the ministry of United Methodist Communications and The United Church, with a strong public relations and journalism background. Experience with crisis communications is required for this role. The successful candidate will be proficient at developing positive messages and comfortable representing The United Methodist Church in the local, regional, national and international media arenas and throughout the denomination at large.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, and/or mass communications
· Five years of experience public relations and journalism/mass communications.
· Excellent intrapersonal skills are required along with the ability to communicate confidently with a diverse group of clients and constituents.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
· Must work in Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· A clear understanding of communication strategy development through polling and/or market research.
· Must be able to travel nationally and internationally.
· Knowledge of The United Methodist Church is required.
· This position will start in early 2023.
To request an application, please email HR@umcom.org.
**UMCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Hellen Allen
Church/Org/Business Name: United Methodist Communications
Address: 810 12th Avenue South Nashville TN 37203
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view