Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
Part Time Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries – Job Description
It is not the purpose of this job description to be a rigid set of rules, but rather a set of guidelines, which can grow and change when necessary for a more effective accomplishment of the ministry of the church.
Vision for Faith’s Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministry:
- A ministry that creates safe relationship, a fun atmosphere, and a deeper connection with Jesus Christ
- A ministry that support the overall mission of First United Methodist Church of Lincolnton to bring joy to Jesus and experience joy in Him.
- A ministry that engages all people: In a deeper relations with Jesus Christ In the Ministry In meaningful relationship with their peers In serving the community In the life of the greater church
- A ministry that provides one on one interaction with caring individuals, small groups, and large group experiences. A ministry with involved, well equipped volunteers who are growing in Christ through their service.
- A ministry that sees other ministries in the community as opportunities for cooperation, not as competition.
- A ministry that is leading individuals (inside the church and out) into a lifelong commitment to Jesus Christ.
General Duties and Responsibilities
1. Primary coordinator of a unified program for all ages, partnering with the Children, Adult, and Youth Christian Nurture teams. Effectively communicate these programs to the congregation
2. Provide primary leadership in developing appropriate and effective programs for children, youth, and their families, evaluation and recommending curriculum, and obtaining materials.
3. Direct teacher assistance and training program.
4. Oversee and assist in recruiting a talented team of volunteers for children’s youth and adult ministries.
5. Provide guidance and assistance programs including: Sunday school, confirmation class, youth group, adult Sunday school, and intergenerational programs.
6. Facilitates regular youth meetings for Middle School and High School students.
7. Building relationships with the young people of First UMC, Lincolnton and other churches in our area.
8. Plan and promote camps, retreats, trips, concerts, mission trips, outreach events, etc.
9. Build relationships with other youth ministry leaders in the Lincolnton area: seeking to cooperate for kingdom building as much as possible.
10. Integrate the children’s and youth ministry with the larger church body.
11. Be a part of the church staff team attending staff meetings and encouraging and supporting the overall mission of the church.
12. Work with lead pastor and other teams as appropriate to fulfill the overall vision of FUMC.
13. Part Time – Approx. 20 hrs per week.
- Passionately in love with Jesus.
- Knows the Bible and can relate faith to everyday life.
- Ability to have fun, be serious, and maintain order in meetings.
- Ability to relate to kids, youth, and adults and the stamina to keep up with them.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to build a team and take it in a unified direction.
- Loves kids. Able to build trust with young people and their parents.
- Self motivated
- Coachable. Life-long learner.
- A heart for those who do not know Jesus.
- Ability to communicate his/her faith and love for Christ.
- Shall subscribe to and become familiar with the teachings of the UMC.
- Have a working knowledge of the needs of children and their families.
- Personable and outgoing with an ability to relate well to people and recruit them into the ministries of which they are gifted.
- Have some creative abilities, casting the big picture vision for children and families at First UMC, Lincolnton. Preference may be given to a candidate with Christian ministry experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Have strong musical and drama abilities.
- Have computer and social media skills.
- Is, or will become a member of First UMC Lincolnton.
1. This position will be supervised by the lead Pastor.
2. Goals and programs for the year will be developed with the Pastor and the Children, Youth, Adult, and Youth Christian Nurture teams.
3. Goals and programs will be approved by the appropriate ministry team and reviewed by the Lead Pastor before implementation.
Contact: Jerry Park
Church/Org/Business Name: First United Methodist Church
Address: 201 E. Main Street Lincolnton NC 28092
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view