Communications Ministry Assistant
The Western North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented storyteller who is excited to share in our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Communications Ministry Assistant will serve as a critical part of a comprehensive communications strategy, working with and reporting to the Director of Communications and contributing to website, social media and other communications channels.
Job responsibilities include:
- Answer phone calls and emails for the Communications Team as appropriate.
- Perform administrative duties to support the Director of Communications
- Provide general support at Annual Conference, General and Jurisdictional Conferences, including the press room and displays.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Maintain the web news section and event calendars. Approve and tag events and news articles as needed.
- Maintain the homepage features editorial calendar under the supervision of the Director of Communications
- Distribute bi-weekly enews under the supervision of the Director of Communications.
- Assist with page changes throughout the site and provide support for other ministry assistants.
- Assist in managing social media editorial calendar under supervision of the Director of Communications
- Post updates, photos and videos on the conference Facebook pages, Twitter feed, Instagram, and other Social Media tools that may be used in the future
- Provide support and production assistance for video-related projects
- Explore and implement use of new communications tools and technology (e.g., Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, future possibilities).
- Strong communications, organizational, interpersonal, and telephone skills
- Experience in website and social media administration
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Willing to work weekends, holidays, late evenings, and overnight travel, as necessary. Normal work schedule is Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Knowledge of The United Methodist Church and the Western North Carolina Conference a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to Director of Communications Melissa McGill at email@example.com.
Contact: Melissa McGill
Church/Org/Business Name: Western North Carolina Conference
Address: PO Box 2757 Huntersville NC 28070
Email: Click to email