Director of Music Ministies
Madison United Methodist Church Madison, NC
Director of Music Ministries
To promote leadership in developing and implementing the music ministries of Madison UMC, and to actively engage the congregation in worship through music.
Responsibilities of the Director of Music Ministries
● Coordinate music at all worship services including any vocal and/or instrumental performances. Work with the Pastor and Worship Committee in planning.
● Coordinate music, media and overall worship service with Pastor and Worship Committee.
● Direct and rehearse with Chancel Choir weekly; either direct or coordinate Praise Band; and direct or
coordinate Handbell Choir.
● Recruit and encourage musicians, both vocal and instrumental, within the congregation and promote
the music program.
● Select and purchase choir music within budget.
● Plan special music for special worship services.
● Catalog and organize all music resources.
● Oversee the care and upkeep of all instruments.
● Provide the administrative assistant bulletin information.
● Be an active participant of the staff and Worship Committee.
● A degree in music education, music performance or equivalent experience.
● Enthusiastic with good verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to actively engage the congregation during worship through music.
● Musical instrument experience preferred.
● Ability to give detailed attention to the duties for which he/she is primarily responsible while offering imaginative and creative thinking for the music program.
Terms of Employment
Hours: This is a part time position requiring approximately 10+ hours a week, the majority of which to be
worked at church.
Salary: Commensurate with education or experience
Benefits: There are no benefits for part time employees other than time off approved by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Supervision: The Director of Music Ministries is directly accountable to the Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Note: The responsibilities identified above are not intended to be all inclusive. There are numerous tasks essential to the successful fulfillment of our ministry.
Interviews begin July 1, 2023
Opened Until Filled
Please send a resume to Madison United Methodist Church Mailing Address: 110 W Academy Street, Madison, NC 27025 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rev. Tracy Schumpert
Church/Org/Business Name: Madison United Methodist Church
Address: 110 W Academy Street Madison 27025
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view