Director of Youth Ministry
Salary Range - $43,000-$47,000
Covenant Church is an active 1,000+ member church in north High Point, NC seeking a full time Youth Director to provide spiritual, managerial and administrative leadership to enable the Church to accomplish its’ mission, while concentrating on the spiritual, moral, physical and mental development of the Church’s youth.
- Bachelor’s degree; working knowledge of the United Methodist Book of Discipline; specialization in Youth Ministry and knowledge of psychology and/or child development, counseling, conflict management, leadership styles, paradigms for Youth and Church Ministry; public speaking
- Flexibility in work schedule to include Sunday mornings and evenings
- Core Competencies:
- Teamwork - Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, contributing to the capacity of the team.
- Accountability & Responsibility - Accepts ownership for one’s own conduct, decisions, actions and failures; follows-through on commitments; implements agreed upon decisions; acknowledges and learns from mistakes.
- Ethics / Morality - Behaves in a honest and professional manner by cultivating personal integrity; adheres to rules and procedures.
- Communication (written/oral) - Ensures that key and critical information is effectively shared and delivered in a manner that fulfills the needs of different audiences.
- Conflict Management - Models tact, empathic listening and staying focused on desired outcomes while participating in difficult conversations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the developing, updating, refining the Church’s mission; establish a mission for Youth Ministries that contributes to the attainment of the Church’s mission.
- Provide spiritual inspiration, motivation and leadership to the staff, congregation and community.
- Develop budgets for Youth Ministries, participate as appropriate in the development of the church’s budget, oversee budgets for Youth Ministries.
- Coordinate and facilitate Youth Ministries Fundraisers (annual Holiday Market and Family Fun Day).
- Participate in schedule and special meetings (ex. Church Leadership Council, Missions, other administrative or program teams as needed or requested by the Senior Pastor).
- Prepare and submit assigned reports (credit card receipts, requests for reimbursement, mileage logs, etc.) and assist Senior Pastor with preparation of reports such as Annual Conference and Year-End.
- Oversee Confirmations throughout the year including corresponding with families, recruiting and selecting adult mentors, leading Confirmation retreats, selecting Sunday School materials, training teachers, coordinating meetings between families and Senior Pastor, schedule Confirmation related baptisms, planning the Confirmation Banquet and rehearsal as well as Confirmation Certificate preparation.
- Participate in Worship Planning along with other Church staff.
- Participate in Church groups, meetings and events as requested and/or desired.
- Recruit, train and supervise adult leaders for Youth Ministry, perform background checks on Youth Leaders and volunteers, annual evaluations of each adult leader to determine the best use of each person’s abilities.
- Coordinate Missions, including church-side, middle school and senior high contact agencies that sponsor groups, Mission planning and spiritual preparation.
- Oversee retreat planning for youth including: logistics, prepare materials for reflection and spiritual growth and attend retreats.
- Develop weekly plans and training lessons for adult leaders of youth, including Christian education for Sunday night ministry.
- Continuously follow up with youth (in person, email, correspondence, attend extra-curricular events such as sporting events, concerts, recognition ceremonies, etc.) to help them remain connected with each other and Covenant.
- Prepare a Youth Newsletter and updates (make use of Social Media)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Physical Requirements - Strong manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, good vision, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to climb stairs, stamina to work full day and attend evening meetings, ability to sit for long periods and work long hours and/or a flexible work schedule.
- Mental Requirements - Analytical, organized, sound judgement, honesty and integrity, ability to handle significant stress, emotional maturity with strong convictions but willing to demonstrate flexibility upon receipt of new information, ability to work as a team player, strong communication skills, able to thrive in a Christian environment, conscientiousness, ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to maintain consistent disposition.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: CovenantSPRC@gmail.com
Contact: Meg Sheehan
Church/Org/Business Name: Covenant Church United Methodist
Address: 1526 Skeet Club Rd. High Point NC 27265
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view