Director of Music Ministry
Mount Bethel United Methodist Church in Bahama, NC seeks a part-time Director of Music Ministry. This person collaborates with the pastor to plan music for Sunday morning worship and special worship services. This person rehearses and directs the choir and supports other musical groups. The ideal candidate will see music as a way for all ages to grow in their relationship with God, strengthen their faith, and connect more deeply to community.
- Direct choir at Sunday worship services
- Prepare for and lead choir rehearsal (usually Wednesday night).
- Choose appropriate music for worship in consultation with the pastor and pianist
- Identify and encourage musical talent within the congregation
- Direct handbell choir and support other instrumentalists including violin and guitar
- Help develop the musical gifts of children and youth and include them in worship
- Assist with music for summer Vacation Bible School
- Partner with other churches, community organizations, and local musicians to enrich the music program at Mt. Bethel
- Maintain and care for music, instruments, equipment, and music room
- Plan and direct musical accompaniment for special worship services including Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter and provide support for funerals and weddings
- Work with A/V team to place microphones and maximize sound quality in worship
- Provide resources and support for Crossroads Preschool and Afterschool music program
- Submit annual music ministry budget to finance committee
- Provide appropriate communications to choir members, church staff, and committees
- A committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Experience in leading church worship through music and directing a church choir
- Strong musical background and expertise playing various instruments including piano, hand bells, and voice.
- Familiarity with the music, hymns, and liturgy in the United Methodist tradition
- Understanding of Wesleyan theology and a commitment to supporting the United Methodist Church
- Ability to create a positive atmosphere of support, unity, and collaboration in the church
- Openness and creativity to explore many different musical styles to enrich the church and community
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to collaborate and work well with the pastor, church staff, Church Council, and other groups
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrated organization and time-management skills
Salary Range: $20,000 to 25,000 commensurate with experience and educational background.
Hours and Benefits
15-20 Hours per week
Occasional non-Sunday services required
Eligible for four Sundays off annually to be coordinated with the pastor and pianist
Evaluation: This position reports to the Senior Pastor and is subject to an annual review by the SPRC committee and the pastor.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter with three professional references to Rev. Eric Prenshaw, Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contact: Rev. Eric Prenshaw
Church/Org/Business Name: Bahama, NC
Address: 1605 Bahama Rd Bahama NC 27503
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view