The North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church (NCCUMC) is seeking an Administrative Specialist to provide administrative support to the Center for Leadership Excellence. The selected candidate must have a positive team spirit and will think proactively about program and event needs. As a part of an active and small office, the Administrative Specialist must embrace a wide variety of roles and responsibilities to include office administration, executive and committee support, website content development, event and program coordination. The ideal candidate will have a hospitality focus and thrive on managing details with a high level of accuracy.
The Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) is the leadership development office of the NCCUMC, which equips pastors and laity with leadership training both in person and online. The office coordinates with the Christian Formation and Leadership Development committees, Board of Laity, and Lay Servant Ministry.
Although this position will primarily work with the Director of Leadership Development and Christian Formation and the Assistant Director of Leadership Development and Christian Formation, to a lesser degree, the position will support the administrative duties related to a non-profit connected with the NCCUMC.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the Center’s programs and purpose and provides general office support including purchase office and meeting supplies/snacks/drinks, copy materials, coordinate with printing and copying center, maintain current records of event and program participants, assist at the receptionist desk of the NCCUMC occasionally.
- Prepares requisition forms for payments, pay invoices, reconcile credit card statements, maintain registration and financial records for a number of program areas. Assess financial records from the financial system when requested.
- Create registration forms and web pages in WordPress with provided content, manage MailChimp mailings and develop lists with accuracy. Update general web content as requested.
- Organize and execute tasks in preparation for events and meetings, assist facilitators and guest speakers in class and/or event preparation for all events and programs, prepare all meeting materials, nametags, handouts, occasionally set up chairs and tables, and coordinate logistics such as catering and hotel room reservations.
- Responsible for maintaining registration data, tuition records, attendance records, vendor payment records, and all other requests to ensure a smooth-running program or event.
- General office duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- High level of proficiency with Google Docs and Google Sheets, MS Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capability to learn WordPress, Shelby Financials, MailChimp, and other programs as needed.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift boxes and move tables and chairs.
- Occasional travel for events on weekends and evenings.
- Working knowledge of The United Methodist Church and its polity is a plus.
- Generous health and wellness benefits.
- General Retirement Savings Plan.
- 35-hour work week with flexibility to work from home.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
The North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
Please apply at: http://www.indeed.com/job/administrative-specialist-a8431ab3c9a80430
Closing Date: May 19, 2023
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Monica Reid
Church/Org/Business Name: North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church
Address: 700 Waterfield Ridge Pl Garner NC 27529
Email: Click to email