Director of Church Administration
Seaside United Methodist Church “Loving God, Serving God, Growing in Grace”Seaside United Methodist Church in Sunset Beach, North Carolina is looking for a Director of Church Administration. As our church continues to grow we are looking for the right team member to join us to manage and coordinate the church office operations and provide administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Responsible for providing financial and clerical support to the church:
● Check invoices for accuracy, prepare checks, contact vendors to reconcile errors.
● Prepare checks for volunteers and staff, checking receipts for accuracy and correct approvals.
● Maintain files for all checks.
● Maintain vendor files for all contracts, insurance policies, etc.
● Reconcile credit card statements (3) each month, including auto-billing charges.
● Maintain the Square POS system for accepting credit payments at the church.
● Compile monthly budget reports for all ministry teams.
● Process the bimonthly payroll ensuring the accuracy of the ACH transfer via United Bank and maintain staff payroll records.
● Submit tax records including tax-exempt sales tax and payroll information to the State of North Carolina.
● Compile data for Workers Comp audit.
● Compile financial information, as needed to support the annual budget process.
● Responsible for providing administrative support to the church:
● Maintain the Key Program ensuring that records are maintained for possession of all Master and Access door keys, truck keys, bus keys, trailer and hitch keys.
● Process & maintain a current list of those having background checks via CastleBranch.
● Maintain the ADT security system: setting up alarm schedules and assigning user codes.
● Produce bulk mailing labels utilizing the USPS IMSB system.
● Maintain electronic minutes of all ministry meetings.
● Contact technical support company when issues arise
● Update phone auto-messages, as needed.
● Contact the florist for weekly flower orders, as needed.
● Responsible for overseeing volunteer receptionists:
● Schedule and train receptionists
● Ensure coverage during normal office hours.
● Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory of all office supplies, and as needed, custodial supplies and class study books, etc.
● Responsible for preparing the weekly Order of Worship bulletin.
● Compile and maintain a list of weekly scripture readers and send a copy of the reading to the readers each week.
● Responsible for assisting with annual Stewardship Campaign:
● Run a query from Church Windows to export to Excel.
● Upload query to USPS for several bulk mailings.
● Assist with printing and compiling various mailings.
● Responsible for Print Communications
● Working with Staff & Administrative Leadership to design, create, print all printed literature including bulletin, newsletter, etc.
● Weekly email newsletter/digital communications utilizing Constant Contact
● Responsible for Executive Administration to Pastors
● Provide administrative & organizational support to the pastors
● Responsible for maintaining church calendar:
● Schedule meeting locations for all ministry team meetings & special events.
● Schedule meetings for outside groups, coordinating building unlocking/locking to ensure safety.
● In coordination with the Pastors, schedule weddings, receptions, making sure the wedding policy is adhered to.
If interested please contact Paula Biser, Chair of Staff Parish Relations Committee at Paula.Biser@comcast.net
Contact: Paula Biser
Church/Org/Business Name: Seaside United Methodist Church
Address: 1300 Seaside Road SW Sunset Beach NC 28468
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view