After School Care Director
Lewisville United Methodist Church After School Care Program Director Job Description
The LUMC After School Care Program is looking for a passionate, energetic, and dedicated After School Program Director. The After School Program runs from 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and follows the WSFC School’s Academic Calendar. Essential characteristics include a love of children, flexibility, good management skills, the ability to work with others, a positive attitude and lots of energy. We are looking for someone who is excited to become part of our community and enjoys and understands young learners. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and will be communicating with families and managing challenging behavior.
- Oversee all aspects of operations of after school program
- Supervise and monitor staff members to ensure a safe, healthy, and organized program.
- Plan, update, and implement policies for children, parents, and staff. • Advises board members of issues, concerns, and suggested improvements. • Maintain payroll and revenue for the program.
- Purchase equipment as needed, ensures efficient and appropriate use of supplies, snacks, staff and equipment.
- Establish and maintain good communications and good working relationships with and among parents, school principals, site directors, other school staff, and mentors and volunteers.
- Report to the Church Council of Lewisville United Methodist Church.
- Organize periodic fundraisers as needed.
Job Type: Part-time, must be able to work 2-6pm (Monday-Friday) Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field or child care credentials. Experience teaching and/or managing programs for school age children and supervising staff. Accounting, bookkeeping or banking experience is
helpful. CPR Certification required but can be obtained upon employment. Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit a resume, and list of three professional references and contact information. Questions should be directed to Rev. Kara Harvey Chamberlin, Associate Pastor of Lewisville United Methodist Church (email@example.com)
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Contact: Rev. Kara Harvey Chamberlin
Church/Org/Business Name: Lewisville United Methodist Church
Address: 6290 Shallowford Road Lewisville NC 27023
Email: Click to email