Mount Tabor UMC’s Church Administrator assists and supports the clergy, staff, and congregation members with clerical and administrative duties to complete and further the church’s mission to “Gather Joyfully, Grow Spiritually, Go Faithfully” in the community and beyond. The Church Administrator also acts as the church’s membership secretary to maintain the membership database and facility scheduler for the church calendar.
1. Provides day-to-day clerical and administrative support for church.
2. Evaluates and implements best practices for church administration.
3. Empowers volunteers to assist in the church office.
4. Imparts clear, consistent, concise communication for the church as needed.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Coordinates and performs as needed the Monday through Friday clerical and administrative responsibilities for the church reception/office area.
2. Maintains office supplies and equipment, church calendar and membership database.
3. Coordinates, compiles, and distributes some of church’s printed communication materials such as service bulletins, newsletters, and mass emails.
4. Recruits, equips, and supervises office volunteers.
5. Compiles and submits yearly budget request and Western North Carolina Conference reports.
6. Retains and shares knowledge of the church’s policies, events, and leaders.
7. Serves as an administrative resource to the needs of clergy, staff, and leaders.
8. Participates in staff meetings and leadership meetings as needed.
9. Performs other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee.
1. Holds a minimum of High School diploma or GED; bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Possesses genuine love for people.
3. Retains good interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, desktop publishing applications and database management. Competence in Automated Church Systems (ACS) database and facility scheduling preferred.
5. Understands or is open to learn the United Methodist Church structure with its policy, history, and beliefs.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors:
1. Open to learn and develop new skills to better serve God, the church family and surrounding community.
2. Presents self in a professional manner and conducts all business with integrity and confidentiality in keeping with standard church business practices.
This full-time, salaried position (40 hours per week) reports to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Salary & Hours
• Salary range of $41,000 to $46,000 commensurate with experience and education.
• Full time salaried position (40 hours per week).
• 8 paid holidays
• 10 Sick/Personal Days Annually
• Annual Paid Vacation
➢ 2 weeks (10 workdays) for 1-5 years of service (prorated during first year of employment based upon hire date)
➢ 3 weeks (15 workdays) for 6-10 years of service
➢ 4 weeks (20 workdays) for 11+ years of service
• Supplemental Income payment of $5,513 annually is paid at a rate of 1/12 monthly to be used at the employee’s discretion. This benefit will begin upon employment.
• Pension Plan of a 6% contribution is provided by the church. The employee may contribute additional funds if they choose. This benefit begins the first of the month after completion of 90 days of employment.
Please Note: The church will run a criminal and background check as well as require a drug test prior to employment.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
Full job description, details and a Mount Tabor Job Application are located at: https://www.mttaborumc.org/employment-opportunities
The job application can be downloaded, completed, and saved as an attachment for email. A copy of your resume is also required. Email attachments should include first and last name in any file name you create. Email application package (completed application and resume) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact John Kearns 336-918-3944 with any questions about the application process.
Application packages now being accepted, and the posting will remain open until filled.
Contact: John Kearns
Church/Org/Business Name: Mount Tabor United Methodist Church
Address: 3543 Robinhood Road Winston-Salem NC 27106
Email: Click to email