To provide instrumental music/direction (piano and keyboard) support for worship in the church. To grow the music program of Pleasant Union UMC.
- Play instrument(s) for worship services and other special services that may include Holy Week and Christmas Eve.
- Provide musical accompaniment/direction for weekly rehearsals as needed.
- Be relational with the congregation.
- Maintain music library for instruments and choir.
- Meet with the pastor weekly to plan music for worship services.
- Participate in Worship Committee meetings.
- Provide updates and reports on the sufficiency, condition, and maintenance regarding instruments as needed.
- Provide music which is in keeping with the mission and vision of Pleasant Union UMC.
- Support the development of new musical groups as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource to church staff and committee members as appropriate.
- Honor the Christian faith and worship experience.
- Pianist/Director for Sunday worship services.
- Pianist/Director for rehearsals (usually Wednesday night).
- Be proficient as an accompanist on the piano and keyboard.
- An undergraduate degree in music is preferred.
- Have a knowledge of church and Christian music and be familiar with all styles of music appropriate with the mission and vision of Pleasant Union UMC.
- Take initiative in seeking ways to enhance the music program and worship experience.
- Have good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently as well as follow directions of supervisor.
Pastor/Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee
$12,000 - $14,000
Contact: Rev. Keith Newell
Church/Org/Business Name: Pleasant Union UMC
Address: 5929 Coble Church Road Liberty NC 27298
Email: Click to email