Director of Youth Ministries
Pleasant Hill UMC in Indian Land SC (just over the state line from Charlotte, NC) is seeking a part time director of Youth Ministries. All interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Mr. Tim Cook, SPRC Chair – 9789 Charlotte Hwy. Ste 400 #131, Fort Mill SC 29707, or email Tim at email@example.com
Job Description is as follows:
Position Purpose: To direct and lead youth programming for Middle and High School age youth. The Director of Youth Ministry shall seek to foster a Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. This is a part-time position accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Provide leadership for all youth ministries and function as the primary staff person relating to the youth, including recruitment and complete training of adult volunteers.
- Plan and implement all youth ministry programs and activities.
- Work with other Church Youth Directors within the conference on programs and activities supporting conference youth.
- Represent Youth Ministries at Administrative Board and/or Council on Ministries meetings as required, and report to the annual church Charge Conference.
- Attend staff meetings, and schedule and attend other meetings as required.
- Be available to counsel and pray with youth regarding spiritual and personal matters.
- Manage the disbursement of the Youth Ministry budgeted funds within guidelines and policies of the church, including the keeping of administrative records.
- Maintain some level of office hours per week for access by youth, staff, etc.
- Operate within the guidelines as set forth in the Employee handbook.
- Assist the pastor in Confirmation Ministry as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
Education, Experience and Required Skills
- College Degree in Youth Ministry or Christian Education preferred, but not required
- Experience and enjoyment in working with youth in similar scenarios
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility in hours, some weeks may require more than 20
- Maintain a current CPR and First Aid certification
Contact: Mary Lee Blackwelder
Church/Org/Business Name: Pleasant Hill UMC
Address: 238 Fort Mill hwy Indian Land SC 29707
Email: Click to email