The Sound Engineer is responsible for the successful operation of the sound reinforcement system during Rehobeth worship services and RUMC-Produced events in the Family Life Center. Reports to Pastors. A successful candidate will be professional, proactive, and bring a community-minded approach to the work and interpersonal relationships.
Duties shall include:
- Provide quality and musically-pleasing live sound mixing of Front-of-House, Monitor, and live stream systems, including microphone and direct input selection and patching.
- Serve as lead technical production director for New Life Worship (9am - Family Life Center) and Traditional Worship (11am - Sanctuary), coordinating sound reinforcement needs in tandem with pastors and music directors.
- Operate basic stage lighting for New Life Worship (NLW)
- Assist video operator with setup and audio feed. Manage video live stream in Sanctuary
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of the audio and technological systems and equipment
- Serve as lead consultant for audio and production equipment acquisitions, providing purchase recommendations to senior staff and serving as primary liaison for hiring, managing, and coordinating with outside service contractors or consultants for special projects or equipment installations in the Family Life Center
- Assist with training and engagement of both youth and adult volunteers to assist with technical production
Duties separately compensated on an hourly or daily rate:
- Manage production of RUMC-Produced events, including review of technical riders/specs prior to talent booking and coordination of technical advances
- Liaise with RUMC program leaders to coordinate successful technical production of Non-NLW pageants, special programs, concerts, and other produced events, including consulting on staffing, equipment, scheduling and other event production needs
- Hiring, training, and management of substitute or secondary technicians/production staff as needed for NLW, RUMC-Produced, and Rental events in the Family Life Center
Compensation for Sunday worship responsibilities is $180/week (or $125 for only one service) paid once per month
Contact: Andrew Baten
Church/Org/Business Name: Rehobeth UMC
Address: 4475 Rehobeth Church Rd Greensboro NC 27407
Email: Click to email