ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF THE DEAN-DUKE DIVINITY SCHOOL
Provide administrative and program support to the Office of the Dean, Duke Divinity School, including the independent coordination of regular meetings and special events, support for strategic initiatives, and general administrative support to the overall office.
Meeting Planning (40%)
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of regularly scheduled meetings conducted by the Office of the Dean, including senior administrative meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and administer special events for the Office of the Dean as directed.
- Advise supervisor as to the status of current activities and additional or expanded program requirements; make recommendations for solution to problems identified. Assist in determining budgetary recommendations and requirements; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted program accounts.
- Make operational and programmatic decisions that have a significant impact on the successful achievement of program and meeting logistics strategies and objectives, advising supervisor as to the status of current activities and program requirements and policy.
- Coordinate internal and external publicity as appropriate for special events for the Office of the Dean.
- Manage the calendars for the Dean and the Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives.
Administrative Support (60%)
- Provide administrative support for the Office of the Dean including office and reception coverage; correspondence, meeting and travel arrangements; and general assistance to the Office of the Dean staff.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and grants; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate.
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate programs and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Support the Dean and the Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives in their work on new strategic initiatives to enhance Duke Divinity School’s vision and mission. This includes development and management of new grants to support initiatives, cultivating and managing relationships across Duke University, and providing meeting and logistical support for convenings on and off campus.
Contact: Katherine Smith
Church/Org/Business Name: Duke Divinity School
Address: Box 90968 150 Langford Bldg. Durham 27708