Part-time Handyman\Facilities Maintenance Worker
MUIR’S CHAPEL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Facility Maintenance Worker Job Status: PT Hourly
REPORTS TO: Office & Financial Manager Updated 12/01/2022
This is a part time position responsible for providing maintenance for buildings, grounds and equipment as needed or as directed. The use of appropriate communication and people skills when interacting with membership, staff, suppliers and others is expected. Within the limits of the established duties of the job, ensure that the facilities, grounds and equipment are available, functional and able to support the people and ministries of the church. While the Trustees of the church are primarily responsible for church facilities, the Office & Financial Manager will act in a supervisory capacity. The position is part-time non-exempt and therefore will be paid hourly. This is a 20 hour a week position with the understanding that there may be times during the year when required weekly hours will increase. In addition, occasional weekend work may be required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete various maintenance tasks such as painting, simple installations, minor repairs and equipment assembly; refer major facility maintenance issues to the Office & Financial Manager and the Trustees.
- Perform Daily Walk-throughs of facilities to ID Maintenance and Cleaning Issues.
- Spot clean as necessary the floors, restrooms and other areas of the church.
- Replenish paper supplies and soap as needed.
- Set up and breakdown of required furniture and/or equipment for Sunday morning services and other church activities.
- Assist in opening and preparing the sanctuary and facilities for special events such as weddings, funerals, community meetings.
- Assist in providing for the security and safety of the facilities, grounds and equipment of the church.
- If needed, meet with and assist workmen who require access to the facilities.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Be able to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be able to use various hand and power tools as required to complete assigned tasks.
- Be able to perform physically demanding work such as lifting heavy boxes, climbing ladders, moving tables and chairs, etc.
- Possess an active driver’s license and a working vehicle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people in this position. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required and are subject to change based upon the needs of the Church, pastor, staff and/or members.
Contact: Pastor Brenda Newman
Church/Org/Business Name: Muir's Chapel United Methodist Church
Address: 314 Muirs Chapel Road Greensboro NC 27410
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view