Audio Visual Technician
First United Methodist Church
Role: Manage, direct, and coordinate the AV and IT components, equipment, and volunteers for use during worship services and other church activities. This is a part-time position (about 10-20 hours per week).
The Audio-Visual Coordinator will be responsible for four main areas:
- Worship Production
- Digital Asset Management and Communications
- AV and IT Support
- Equipment Management
- Direct AV activity for worship services and events.
- Run sound board, check, and mix microphones.
- Produce live stream and video recording for each service.
- Build and project the visual presentation for each service (in coordination with the Pastor or staff).
- Recruit, train, and manage AV volunteers.
- Attend and direct AV for weekly choir or band rehearsals.
- Creatively contribute to the visual presentation, stage design, lighting, and visual effects as needed.
- Update and edit the church website and social media as needed (in coordination with the Pastor or staff).
- Record, film, edit, and execute announcements as needed (in coordination with the Pastor or staff).
- Inventory, service, and maintain all AV equipment.
- Help research and forecast equipment replacements and upgrades.
- As requested, participate in planning, staff, or committee meetings.
- A committed Christian with a desire to serve the church and others.
- Knowledge of and experience with current AV and IT equipment.
- Efficient in the use of social media and presentation software.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- An excitement and vision for utilizing technology to enrich the worship experience, enhance church activities, and effectively reach the community.
Hours: This is a part-time, salaried position. Average 10-20 flexible hours per week, which includes both Sunday morning worship services, weekly music rehearsal, time spent editing videos, preparing presentations, etc., and other related tasks as determined by the Pastor and staff.
Contact: Zack Christy
Church/Org/Business Name: First UMC Cherryville
Address: 601 North Pink St Cherryville NC 28021
Email: Click to email