The incumbent in this position will reflect the following four components of Skyland United Methodist Church's mission which are: to lead people into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, to love God with passion, to grow together in community, and to serve the world with love.
Position Summary: This position is hourly for approximately 20 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant while reporting to the senior pastor, will perform a variety of administrative tasks to facilitate the efficient operation of Skyland United Methodist Church. Key constituencies are other staff, lay leadership and members of SUMC. These tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• answers the telephone and greets visitors to the Church office and assists them to resolve questions and meet their requests.
• maintains membership records.
• prepares correspondence for senior pastor and for Church administrative bodies.
• prepares worship bulletins from information provided by worship staff; prepares appropriate bulletin inserts/flyers and special bulletins as required.
• completes Charge Conference Reports, End of the Year Statistical Reports and others as needed; ensures that they are filed timely.
• orders or directly purchases supplies and requests equipment maintenance.
• maintains an Annual Calendar of Church activities and oversees the Church Master Calendar of rooms/space/small groups assignments.
• Provide training and scheduling for a team of volunteers to work in the church office on a regular basis. Ideally, these volunteers will be trained to perform routine clerical tasks in addition to answering the phone and assisting church members, vendors, and others who visit the office.
• other duties as assigned.
1) Proficiency in Windows 10, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher), church database software, and general ability to operate office machines and equipment typical of those at Skyland United Methodist Church (i.e., multi-function copier, folding machine, business phone system).
2) Documented experience consistent with the responsibilities of the job.
3) Demonstrated ability to adapt to change, flexibility to meet the evolving needs of the Church.
4) Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all duties. Reporting Relationships: The incumbent reports to the senior pastor.
Skyland United Methodist Church
1984 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Ned Fowler, Skyland UMC Staff Parish Relations Committee
Contact: Ned Fowler
Church/Org/Business Name: Skyland United Methodist Church
Address: 1984 Hendersonville Road Asheville NC 28803
Email: Click to email