Genesis UMC is currently seeking someone to provide leadership in student ministry (middle and high school). This staff position is part-time with specific hours and compensation to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Our congregation is #BeUMC and seeks to be a place where all are welcome. Below are the basics, and we are open to your ideas for shaping this position as well.
What we offer:
• Compensation: Competitive annual compensation of $20-28K for a 16-25 hrs/week position. Specific compensation and hours somewhere in this range based on experience, qualifications, and availability;
• Ministry monies: Student ministry designated funds of $4000 plus monies approved in annual budget (to be determined in January 2023). Congregation also has good fundraising history/potential;
• Core students: Currently, a core of 8-10 students meeting regularly who range from grades 6-10;
• Core volunteers: Currently, a core group of 4-5 ministry-safe approved, adult volunteers (plus parents!);
• Flexible hours: Very flexible hours that can fit around your needs and other commitments/responsibilities. There will also be built in recovery time after intensive activities (e.g. retreats, summer trips);
• Great ministry space: Your own office and access to a large, versatile building including a great gym;
• Personal support: Supportive Co-Pastors and lay leadership who expect you to practice self-care, establish firm personal boundaries, engage in continuing education, and have a life outside of your ministry job;
• Possible position growth: We have other needs as a congregation, so if you have other gifts/passions (e.g. worship leading, social media and website management), let us know and this position could grow.
What we need/expect:
• Weekly presence: Weekly presence and involvement in worship service(s) at Genesis UMC and other churchwide activities when possible;
• Regular programming: Organizing & leading student gatherings and events at Genesis UMC. This would include discipleship/spiritual formation opportunities, as well as mission/service/fellowship opportunities;
• Relationship-building: Regular time dedicated to connecting and building relationships with students and their families;
• Good communication: Maintain good communication with students, parents, volunteers, and Co-Pastors;
• Connecting with new students: Dedicated time and effort to meet, connect with, and invite new students to participate in the ministry. This involves time out in the community, as well as intentionally connecting with those community groups using our church facilities (e.g. basketball teams);
• Leadership for occasional/annual programming: Help organize and coordinate more occasional/annual student events/activities such as overnight retreats, mission/service weeks during summer, etc.
What we are looking for:
• Someone who demonstrates personal maturity, a deep personal faith, and strong personal discipleship
• Someone who loves students and desires to reach/encourage/grow young people in their faith
• Someone who is a teachable team player and learner
• Someone who is highly relational and who relates well with students
• Someone who is competent in social media and other technologies/devices/apps used by students
• Someone who is comfortable with all kinds of diversity
• Someone who can pass a criminal background check
For more information or to apply for this position (resume and/or interest letter), please contact Rev. Paul Massingill at email@example.com.
Contact: Rev. Paul Massingill
Address: 7635 S. Hulen St. Fort Worth 76133
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view