West Market Street UMC, a vibrant and engaging church in downtown Greensboro, NC, is seeking a Ministries Coordinator to support and collaborate with the Lead Ministry Staff to oversee the coordination and implementation of age specific and church wide offerings, engaging laity where possible, to use their God-given gifts to glorify God as we make, nurture, and send forth disciples of Jesus Christ. This position is 30 to 40 hours per week, offering flexible work hours and benefits, including four weeks paid vacation annually.
Working collaboratively with the pastoral and other lead ministry staff, the Ministry Coordinator will:
- Interface and coordinate with the pastors and ministry area directors to plan a comprehensive, holistic approach to worship, faith formation, and outreach ministries for all ages.
- Assist pastors and ministry area directors in planning, set up and coordination of ministry area offerings.
- Assist pastors and ministry area directors in recruiting, training and communication to equip and empower laity in delivering ministry offerings for all ages, including, but not limited to:
- Worship leadership (greeters, scripture readers, acolytes, online viewer assistance)
- Parking volunteers
- Nursery workers
- Procure needed supplies and materials for all ministry area offerings, including worship, faith formation, music, and outreach ministries as directed by the lead ministry staff.
- Communicate with ministry area committee/team members regarding upcoming meetings and events.
- Participate actively and collaboratively with other staff in weekly staff meetings and regular longer range planning meetings to fulfill the mission and ministry of WMSUMC.
- Provide back up assistance with fund management, including but not limited to deposits, running reports, and data entry.
- Actively and openly support the mission, vision, and core values of WMSUMC.
- Provide support for and work collaboratively with the lay leadership of the WMSUMC, including other lay ministry area leaders/chairs.
- Maintain an active presence at church functions and with the congregation in fulfillment of ministry needs.
- BS/BA in related field, demonstrating self-starting and critical thinking.
- Fund management proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other online platforms required; strong experience and comfort level with various forms of technology.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills being able to work independently and collaboratively with staff, lay leadership and laity in order to fulfill the mission, vision, values and goals of WMSUMC.
- Willingness to invest time in a personal growth and development plan.
- Commitment to personal and spiritual disciplines and to pray for one another on the staff and the shared life and ministry of WMSUMC.
- Valid driver’s license.
Contact: Rev. Beth Crissman, Senior Pastor
Church/Org/Business Name: West Market Street United Methodist Church
Address: PO Box 870 Greensboro 27402
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view