Davidson United Methodist Church
Provide administrative support to assist the Pastor for Mission and the Missions Team in strengthening and maintaining mission opportunities and relationships for Davidson United Methodist Church (DUMC).
Status: part-time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 20-24 hours per week (includes some evenings and occasional Sundays)
Benefits: 403(b) Retirement Plan and Paid Time Off
Supervisor: Pastor of Missions
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Serve as administrative representative for DUMC mission opportunities (Internal Missions, External Partners, and External Missions) providing support as appropriate. This may include creating/managing on-line registration, creating publicity, managing space, and other church resources.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information within the church’s data bases (ACS and Breeze) including address, contact information, important dates, medical alerts, etc.
- Assist Pastor of Missions and the Mission Team with the collection and processing of grant applications, quarterly disbursements, and annual reporting from mission partners and agencies.
- Assist the Pastor of Missions and the Missions Team with the identification, recruitment, and retention of volunteer support for our local agency partners and ministry opportunities at DUMC.
- Establish and maintain organizational & communication practices to facilitate volunteer engagement and participation in DUMC mission programs and opportunities (i.e., Monthly Mission Collection, Missions Prayer Focus, etc.)
- In cooperation with the Pastor of Missions and Mission team, keep social media, website, and other media for missions up-to-date and fresh (and/or provide up-to-date information person(s) responsible for communication updates)
- In cooperation with other administrative staff, provide back-up support to answer phones and welcome guests to the church offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Approved Safe Sanctuary background check required (upon offer of employment).
- Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
- Basic understanding of the Bible.
- Passion for faith-based mission work including grant administration and volunteer coordination.
- Able to work independently, sometimes without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience creating social media content (including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and TikTok).
- Experience with church culture a plus.
- Able to collaborate with diverse individuals.
- Communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Publisher, PowerPoint, Teams) preferred.
- Proficiency with video conferencing along with cloud-based document storage and communication platforms desired.
- Ability and willingness to learn church membership software (ACS Technologies and Breeze).
Contact: Scott Howell
Church/Org/Business Name: Davidson UMC
Address: 233 South Main Street Davidson 28036
Email: Click to email