Director of Music and Worship Arts
Are you passionate about traditional church hymns and music? Do you love building a choir? If so, Harrison United Methodist Church is looking for you. We are hiring a Director of Music and Worship Arts for our traditional service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for total church music program, leading the worship and music experience for Harrison Church. Plans, creates and leads music selection and execution, ensuring a high level of excellence in all elements of worship. Provides overall direction, advice and coordination for other music staff.
- Support the priorities set by the Senior Pastor for Harrison Church.
- Support the mission of inviting all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ by investing in the lives of others while embodying the kind of energy and integrity others seek to follow.
- Work to develop a strong, well-balanced choir by recruiting, training, managing and retaining volunteer and paid singers. Direct members of chorus for traditional worship services and lead all rehearsals and organize music for special event services (i.e., Easter, Christmas, Weddings, Funerals, and other campus events as scheduled).
- In cooperation with music ministry personnel, provide effective opportunities for church members, children through adult, to develop their ministry in music by directing, or overseeing programs such as worship choir, hand bells, youth, children’s choir, fine arts camp/small group and community engagement programs. Freedom to develop additional opportunities as needed.
- Recruit and motivate volunteers in creation of all technical elements, including AV set and content, as needed at all services.
- Maintain compliance with all church policies and procedures. When working with children/youth, assure adherence to the Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Maintain confidentiality in all sensitive information (verbal, written, background reports, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; appropriate musical or theological studies/degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience working with adults, youth and children in music/worship leadership.
- Proven demonstrations of successfully leading, motivating and coordinating all aspects of a music program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal members of the congregation, guests and external community partners.
- Strong organizational and time management skills (planning, creating/keeping deadlines, decision making, delegation, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude. Ability to appropriately delegate and involve others is a key responsibility for this position.
- Must be comfortable in front of a large crowd and be comfortable engaging with congregation after each service.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Part time, up to 20 hours per week.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Salary: From $24,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pineville, NC 28134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Church/Org/Business Name: Harrison United Methodist Church
Address: 15008 Lancaster Hwy Pineville NC 28134
Email: Click to email