Program and Administrative Coordinator
The Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church (VAUMC) announces a search for a Program and Administrative Coordinator in the Center for Clergy Excellence. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Center for Clergy Excellence and the Board of Ordained Ministry, which is including, but not limited to correspondence, data management, and assisting with meeting registration and logistics. The Program and Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the local hospitality and local host committees during Conference-related meetings. The ideal candidate must have the spiritual maturity (with a preference for those with familiarity with the structure and congruence with the ethos of The United Methodist Church), good communication skills, and outstanding relational skills.
- Oversee event logistics of Center programs (including BOM interviews, Candidacy Summit, Licensing School, Provisional Residency, VCLP, Ethics trainings, and additional retreats).
- Assist the Director and Associate Director and other leaders in the design of the events of the BOM/Clergy Excellence to ensure effective calendar coordination and responsible stewardship of time and resources.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure and manage event resources (meeting space, meals, lodging, materials, etc.).
- Support event leaders in designing and managing event registrations, budgets, evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Director and Associate Director to organize and execute the annual and intermittent work of the Center for Clergy Excellence.
- Participate in Center planning and reflection meetings to ensure the high quality of the Center’s ministry.
- Oversee the office needs for the Center, including purchasing supplies, monitoring equipment, and coordinating with the Conference Center’s building management.
Coordination of Candidate and Clergy Records
- Lead design of digital and paper file systems; receive and handle file materials.
- Lead interface with general church, conference, and district offices/DCOMs related to candidate and clergy records (including the PassageUMC and Unity online system).
- Update appointment records and work in partnership with IT to create the appointment workbook and clergy directory annually.
- Update clergy records including leave, retirement, and death.
- Collaborate with the Director and Associate Director in the BOM and Center budget process.
- Manage the financial transactions of the Center and consult with the Director regularly to ensure good stewardship of resources.
- Manage reimbursement requests within the Center (Program Coordinator reimbursements will be managed by the Director).
- Lead interface with the Business Office and vendors.
- Track all invoices and contracts and keep organized records of disbursements.
- Work with Center staff to offer support to BOM teams in their duties, including digital file management, reservations/registrations, and meeting materials.
- Manage Center correspondence and messages, ensuring inquiries get to the appropriate responders.
- Oversee the Clergy Excellence inbox and send corresponding emails to the Director and Associate Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 4+ years’ and/or extensive relevant office management experience required.
- Knowledge of registration software, database programs, and ability to coordinate/facilitate Zoom meetings is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Previous experience in event management, bookkeeping, and communications is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated project management ability, the ability to work within a collegial staff team, and the ability to manage time appropriately between responsibilities.
- Ability to work within a collegial staff team other internal and external constituent of The United Methodist Church.
- Working knowledge of The United Methodist Church including polity, appointment process and credentialing system is strongly preferred.
- Spiritual maturity (with a preference for those with familiarity with the structure and congruence with the ethos of The United Methodist Church), good communication skills, and outstanding relational skills is essential.
- Must possess a willingness to represent the Center for Clergy Excellence with a spirit of hospitality and openness to all.
Select the link to apply:
Closing Date: September 12, 2022
The Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Michelle Reddick
Address: 10330 Staples Mill Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060 Glen Allen 23060
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view