Director of Family Ministries
Title: Director of Family Ministries
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Director of Family Ministries manages the overall family ministry of all age groups at Woodmont United Methodist Church. The role of the Director of Family Ministries (DFM) is to oversee the family ministry strategy of Woodmont United Methodist Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This role will recruit, train, and maintain volunteer leaders, educate, and minister to students, and assist and equip parents.
- To Provide leadership in the area of children, youth, and adult spiritual formation
- To meet with and consult with the Spiritual Formation Committee
- To create, resource, and supervise age specific ministry task forces
- To annually evaluate and update Christian Education curriculum material for all ages
- To provide teacher training and development opportunities for spiritual formation leaders
- To regularly participate in Sunday morning spiritual formation programs
- To provide programming information for weekly bulletin, website, newsletter and social media
- To implement safe sanctuary policies
- To maintain regular, publicized office hours (40 hours per week)
- To serve as resource for community-wide and denominational spiritual formation activities for children, youth, and adults
Ministry to Families with Children
- Create and organize new and existing ministries for families with children
- Communicate with parents through phone calls, texts, emails regarding program information, volunteer schedules, and relevant events.
- Provide special children’s activities related to spiritual formation in addition to Sunday morning small groups
- Supervise nursery volunteers including providing annual evaluations to SPRC
- Supervise acolytes, as the program needs.
- Coordinate children’s chapel for WCDC
- Plan and conduct bi-weekly UMYF gatherings
- Recruit, train and provide resourced Youth Sunday school teachers
- Plan and assist with confirmation class.
- Coordinate summer mission experience
- Coordinate and assist with monthly youth service project
- Communicate updates weekly or as needed with youth and families
- Attend youth events outside church setting (school or athletic functions)
- Provide counseling for youth and their families as needed
- Resource and support a youth council consisting of youth coordinator, parents, volunteers and youth to plan and implement youth programming
- Plan annual “Graduation Sunday, “Student Sunday” and others as needed.
- Work with adult coordinator and other groups to plan and implement adult ministries
- Supervise and offer support for existing adult spiritual formation
- Implement new adult small groups when needed
- Provide and support educational, fellowship and intergenerational opportunities for senior adults in conjunction with other small groups.
Contact: Kyle Ambrose
Address: 1926 Richardson Drive Reidsville NC 27320
Email: Click to email