WNC Regional Associate Director: Partners in Health and Wholeness
North Carolina Council of Churches
Partners in Health and Wholeness Program
Immediate Position Opening: Regional Associate Director
40 hr/wk; 3 weeks paid vacation; paid sick leave, HSA contribution
Location: Western North Carolina, Location in the Triad will be considered; Travel required within N.C.
3-month probationary period
Retirement benefits available when the probationary period concludes
Salary commensurate with experience
Must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination and first booster by the date of hire.
With more than eight decades of progressive activism, the North Carolina Council of Churches remains the leading faith-based ecumenical voice for justice advocacy in North Carolina. We are particularly concerned about issues related to health care, farmworkers, eco-justice, voting rights, food security, peace, and making all congregations healthier places. The Council embraces ethnic, racial, gender, and sexual diversity, while standing within the Christian faith.
PARTNERS IN HEALTH AND WHOLENESS DESCRIPTION:
Partners in Health and Wholeness (PHW) works with faith communities across the state helping them live healthier and more fulfilling lives. PHW provides faith communities with tools, resources, and support to enhance their capacity and readiness to address the health priorities of their congregation and surrounding community. To learn more please visit www.healthandwholeness.org.
PHW Values Statement
The qualified candidate will join a dedicated team of professionals working directly with faith communities and health-related resource partners by serving in a geographically defined area in North Carolina, coordinating with all PHW staff on a statewide effort to improve the health of clergy, congregants, and communities. The Associate Director will also share his or her particular area of expertise, e.g., mental health or healthy aging, with the entire Council staff and seek to integrate this work into the priorities of the Council across North Carolina. In order to be successful in this position, this person should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. Some weekends and evenings are required. This position is grant-supported and subject to funding availability.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Meet with clergy, congregants and community partners to recruit congregations to participate in the PHW Collaborative.
- Offer technical assistance to faith communities in the assigned region.
- Plan events and or activities that promote partnerships, resources, and support services to help congregations take steps towards improved health and wholeness.
- Assist congregations with identifying and connecting to strategic partnerships with regional and local faith, public health, and social justice programs.
- Develop special projects and/or resources for statewide initiatives regarding areas such as (but not limited to) food systems, mental health, maternal health, and healthy aging.
- Identify and recruit regional and local faith, public health, and justice advocates to support faith communities in health and wellness initiatives.
- Map regional and local health partners and resources.
- Write and submit op-eds and blogs to promote information regarding faith, health, and social justice.
- Assist with program evaluations and reporting outcomes.
- Assume other tasks as requested by the Partners in Health and Wholeness Co-Directors and North Carolina Council of Churches’ Executive Director.
- Proficient in Google Workplace (docs, sheets, forms).
- Organizational and relational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Clear racial equity lens and commitment to ongoing cultural competency improvement.
- Ability to work within a team and work independently.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience in a healthcare environment or passion for health issues.
- Public speaking skills.
- Experience with platforms such as Canva, Slack, and database management tools.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information as a single PDF file that has your name in its title and “PHW Regional Associate Director” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Contact: Nicole Johnson
Address: 27 Horne St Raleigh 27607
Email: Click to email