NextGen Ministries - Ministry Assistant
Davidson United Methodist Church
NextGen Ministries - Ministry Assistant
The NextGen Ministries - Ministry Assistant (Ministry Assistant) sustains, encourages, and champions NextGen Ministries (NextGen) of Davidson United Methodist Church (DUMC) by:
1. Providing administrative assistance and support to the NextGen Ministry Staff including the Architect, Pastor for Youth Ministries, and Director of Children’s Ministries (Ministry Staff).
2. Assisting in volunteer recruitment and engagement of DUMC members and friends, in support of NextGen programming and activities.
3. Assisting with event planning/coordination for NextGen programs and activities.
Status: full-time, salaried, exempt, at-will
Hours: 30 - 40 hours per week (typically Sunday – Thursday, some evenings, and occasional travel for retreats, mission trips, etc.)
Benefits: Medical, dental, long term/short term disability insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Continuing Education Allowance, Paid Time Off, and Parental Leave
Supervisor: NextGen Architect (ministry/program); Director of Administration & Finance (admin/HR).
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
As a NextGen representative, provide a welcoming, confidential, and positive reception to all members and visitors who engage NextGen Ministries, whether in person or by phone or email. Assist Ministry staff to support, strengthen, and implement all ministry plans and strategies. Help coordinate activities and communication between related ministry programs including DUMC Preschool, College Ministries, and Children’s Music.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information within the church’s data bases (ACS and Breeze) including address, contact information, important dates, medical alerts, etc.)
- Maintain attendance records for NextGen programs and activities. Assist in annual statistical reporting to Conference.
- Maintain up-to-date background checks for volunteers and staff working with children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Maintain and monitor on-line payments (and related records/data) for NextGen programs and activities.
- Assist Ministry Staff in the preparation of NextGen invoices and reimbursement requests for payment. This includes the coding of invoices and monitoring of budget expenditures.
- Participate in development of annual operating budget.
- Assist Ministry Staff with calendaring, room scheduling, and childcare scheduling for NextGen programs and events.
Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement:
- Assist Ministry Staff in the identification, recruitment, and retention of volunteer support for NextGen programs and activities.
- Assist Ministry Staff in developing ways to deepen and strengthen volunteer engagement as a part of their faith journey.
Event Planning & Coordination:
- Assist Ministry Staff in providing and maintaining weekly worship resources including worship bulletins, fidgets, etc.
- Assist Ministry Staff in the production and delivery of milestone gifts/acknowledgements.
- Provide planning and coordination support for NextGen events and activities including Block Party, VBS, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Assist Ministry Staff with event leadership including providing direction, speaking publicly, and serving as host.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Approved Safe Sanctuary background check required (upon offer of employment).
- Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
- Basic understanding of the Bible.
- Comfortable speaking in public.
- Passion for intergenerational ministry with children, youth, young adults, and their families.
- Emotionally mature and ability to lead by example.
- Able to work independently, sometimes without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and an ability to obtain and increase engagement of users (including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and TikTok).
- Experience with church culture a plus.
- Able to collaborate with diverse individuals.
- Communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn church membership software (ACS Technologies and Breeze).
Contact: Scott Howell
Church/Org/Business Name: Davidson United Methodist Church
Address: 233 South Main Street DAVIDSON 28036
Email: Click to email