NextGen Youth Ministry Fellow
To assist and support the NextGen Ministry Team with middle and high school ministries. The position provides a space for vocational discernment, spiritual formation, professional growth while encouraging the use and development of personal gifts and talent.
Status: part-time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 8-12 hours per week
Supervisor: Pastor for Youth Ministries
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Assist with plans and leadership of Sunday Morning Small Groups.
- Assist with plans and leadership of Sunday Night Youth activities.
- Assist with youth ministry events (Youth Week, Pumpkin Patch, Retreats).
- Attend meetings with NextGen team and Youth Ministry team.
- Create and administer social media postings (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok).
- Follow-up/Connect with students and parents through cards, social media, and personal contact.
- Attend extracurricular events of students.
- Assist with administrative tasks (attendance, emails).
- Adhere to Safe Sanctuary policy to ensure safety of children, youth, and vulnerable persons.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Approved Safe Sanctuary background check required (upon offer of employment).
- Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
- Basic understanding of the Bible.
- Comfortable speaking in public and leading discussions.
- Passion for Youth Ministry.
- Emotionally mature and ability to lead by example.
- Able to work independently, sometimes without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and an ability to obtain and increase engagement of users (including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and TikTok).
- Experience with church culture a plus.
- Able to collaborate with diverse individuals.
- Communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Publisher, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn church membership software (ACS Technologies).
Contact: Scott Howell
Church/Org/Business Name: Davidson United Methodist Church
Address: 233 South Main Street DAVIDSON 28036
Email: Click to email