Director of Discipleship
Director of Discipleship
Central United Methodist Church is hiring a Director of Discipleship who will initiate, coordinate and sustain spiritual development ministries of Central United Methodist Church with an emphasis on developing laity leadership.
Central is a multigenerational congregation located on the historic court square of Shelby, North Carolina, committed to growing with and serving our community. Our unique position at the center of Uptown Shelby, which is revitalized around art, music and thriving local businesses, allows our congregation to reach our community in unique and dynamic ways, sharing the love of Christ in a changing world.
- Deep, personal faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God
- Master or bachelor level degree in Practical Theology, Spiritual Formation or comparable degree and at least 5 years of ministry experience.
- Experience leading children or youth ministries preferred. Open to UMC Deacon, ordained or seeking ordination. Ultimately, we are seeking the best candidate for our church’s mission and vision.
- An advocate of United Methodist theology and doctrine
- A passion and vision for spiritual growth including connecting, equipping and deploying laity
Essential Job Duties
This position will oversee all discipleship ministries and directly oversee either youth ministries or children’s ministries, (depending on applicant’s skills, experience and passion) but not both. This position will provide leadership and oversight for a part-time position that focuses on the other ministry area (either children or youth) and coordinate connectional ministries that encourage intergenerational fellowship.
|“Develop and coordinate opportunities for spiritual development, including existing education initiatives and new areas of discipleship ministries”|
|Focus on Children’s Ministries||OR||Focus on Youth Ministries|
|Develop and lead a Children’s Ministry Team to nurture a holistic ministry with children that includes fellowship, learning, worship, missions, family ministry opportunities, and special ministries such as VBS and seasonal events||Develop and lead a Youth Ministry Team to nurture a holistic ministry with youth that includes fellowship, learning, worship, retreats, special events/outings, and missions.|
- Full time. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes health insurance, sick leave, vacation leave, travel reimbursement, continuing education costs.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Contact: David Lee/ Gina Blanton
Church/Org/Business Name: Central United Methodist Church
Address: 200 E. Marion Street Shelby NC 28150
Email: Click to email