Church Office Manager
This full-time role (30 hours per week) will manage all office responsibilities and communications for Woodmont United Methodist Church. This position will handle all correspondence and office administration work of the Pastor as well as perform other duties to correspond with members and other community stakeholders. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Prepare various church program/event materials as needed (bulletins, advertisements, etc.)
- Compose and distribute a church newsletter at a monthly minimum.
- Keep website up to date, including events, bulletins, newsletters, and committee minutes.
- Maintain a master schedule calendar of the total church program and church usage, including committee meetings and communicate these events with the congregation and community.
- Schedule events, including weddings, (through the Pastor), send out corresponding policies, notate fees involved and ensure those fees are paid in advance, refund deposit (if necessary) and let all planners and staff know their responsibilities for event.
- Communicate with the custodial staff for regular services any events that will require additional services.
- Help maintain accurate records for all insurance coverage on church, church employees, and outbuildings. Duties include workman’s compensation cases and correspondence, as well as a yearly audit performed with the insurance company.
- Serve as Church Membership Secretary, keeping a working listing of all church members for in-office usage and a running record of membership changes and assisting the Pastor with membership reports for Annual Conference.
- Keep a record of all baptisms, births, and deaths and prepare certificates as necessary.
- Maintain church directory, including contact information, birthdays, and anniversaries.
- Prepare and mail district reports as needed, including statistical year-end reports and Charge Conference reports.
- Maintain security of vital records, currency, and keys within the office.
- Communicate with contractors for building maintenance needs, including the electronic sign, elevators, fire systems, and security system, etc.
- Daily correspondence through mail, email, voicemail, etc.
- Assist money counters on a weekly basis (typically Monday mornings) to retrieve tithes and offerings from the safe and document giving on counters’ worksheets.
- Scan and email counters’ documents to Treasurer and/or other finance committee members. Treasurer or committee member will send back a reconciliation sheet for counters’ documents to be printed and filed along with original counters’ documents, deposit receipt from FNB, and check stubs (staple together).
- Collect, code, and submit reimbursement requests to Westmoreland’s Accounting Office.
- Reconcile monthly credit card bill, including collecting and documenting all receipts from staff. Consolidate reconciliation on Excel spreadsheet to be sent to Treasurer.
- Code invoices from vendors and/or contractors and deliver to local accountant’s office on a minimum of once weekly.
- Maintain security of monetary donations by placing all funds in a safe and safeguarding the code and keys for access.
- File invoice payment receipts from the accountant’s office (to be picked up when dropping off additional invoices).
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system for all financial records.
- Experience working in an office environment
- Ability to multitask and be frequently interrupted
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be able to work normal business hours
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to meet daily/weekly deadlines for the preparation of printed as well as online communications
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to use Square Space to maintain and update church website
- Familiarity with other programs used regularly by staff and volunteers including: Canva, Outlook, Signup Genius, Google Drive, Mail Chimp, etc.
Contact: Kyle Ambrose
Church/Org/Business Name: Woodmont United Methodist Church
Address: 1926 Richardson Dr Reidsville NC 27320
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view