Rehobeth UMC is seeking an Office Administrator to provide support to the ministerial staff and other staff members in a busy office environment. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and critical partner with excellent organizational and communication skills across all levels of church staff, church membership, and office visitors.
This is a part-time position. Hours will be 8:30 - 1:30 pm Monday – Thursday.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in a related area with considerable relevant experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate effective computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and related programs.
- Proficiently use phone system, calculator, copy machine, and related programs.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Represent Rehobeth in a professional and dignified manner with responsive sensitivity to the needs and interests of others, honoring the Christian values espoused by the church.
- Serve as church office receptionist during office hours meeting guests and receiving and distributing telephone messages and mail as appropriate.
- Prepare and publish weekly service and special bulletins for church services.
- Prepare and publish the monthly newsletter and oversee volunteers preparing those for bulk mailing.
- Maintain digital church membership rolls with updates to contact information, and especially regarding deaths, births, baptism, confirmation and new membership dates.
- Work with communications team to promote church sponsored events and provide other communication through print and digital media
- Maintain church event and facilities use calendars
- Schedule office equipment maintenance and repair. Maintain necessary office supplies, paper, envelopes, stamps, copy and printer supplies, etc.
- Assist volunteers with counting and posting weekly financial contributions
Benefits include 2 weeks paid leave and a $2,000 healthcare stipend per year.
Contact: Kathy Adams
Church/Org/Business Name: Rehobeth UMC
Address: 4475 Rehobeth Church Rd Greensboro NC 27406
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view