Contemporary/Modern Worship Leader (Part Time)
Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church seeks a Part-Time Contemporary/Modern Worship Leader. We are located in Sherrills Ford, NC on the northwest edge of Lake Norman. This community is seeing rapid development from expansion of the Charlotte-Metro region and we seek to make the most of opportunities to reach new people. This church has a long history in the community and is well-positioned to be an asset for the future of this area as well. We are now redeveloping our 8:30am worship service as we emerge from the pandemic disruption of the last two years. We seek to offer an interactive worship experience that uses familiar songs heard on K-Love, songs from United Methodist resources, indie-worship music, originals, and more. We would like to build a sense of connection and community in this worship service rather than a large stage performance-focused experience. The Worship Leader will oversee music, partnering with the pastor and other staff in leadership for this worship service. The right candidate will have a love of God and a desire to lead others in worship through the gift of music.
We seek a candidate with these qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, with the ability to grow into coordinating a large number of laity in ministry. Leading musicians of various skill levels will be necessary.
- Musical worship leadership with at least one musical instrument in addition to vocals.
- A willingness to incorporate a variety of music from broadly defined “contemporary” and “modern” styles into the life of the church. Experience with contemplative worship, Taizé, and other non-traditional worship is a plus.
- Ability to communicate well with our pastor, staff, congregation, and community, utilizing strong verbal and written skills.
- Participate in annual budget preparation to determine current and future needs. Oversee music ministry spending and make recommendations to the Pastor and Finance committee as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree in Music, Religion, Christian Education/Ministry, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Methodist/Wesleyan theological perspective is preferred.
- Knowledge of sound systems and incorporation of cameras/livestreaming aspects of worship design will be helpful.
Please send Resume with cover letter introducing yourself. Include your experience with leading contemporary and/or modern worship as well as your understanding of how to lead worship. Send to Rev. Jonathan Brake at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mount Pleasant UMC, 4136 Mt. Pleasant Road, Sherrills Ford NC 28673.
Contact: Rev. Jonathan Brake
Church/Org/Business Name: Mount Pleasant UMC
Address: 4136 Mount Pleasant Road Sherrills Ford 28673
Email: Click to email