Youth Ministry Director
Job Title: Youth Ministry Director
Reports to: Family Pastor
Full-time (40 Hours per week)
Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
As the Youth Ministry Director, you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of our students and youth.
- Collaborate with family team and senior staff to develop, understand and implement vision for youth ministries
- Oversee all ministry experiences for youth in grades 6-12, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Equip students to know the love of the Lord and be established in their identity
- Encourage them in their walk with the Lord and inspire them to reach the world with the good news of Jesus Christ
- Manage the entire student ministry effectively and efficiently using best practices and collaboration among ministry teams including family, restoration, discipleship and missions • Help recruit, equip and evaluate student teams and teachers
- Develop and manage processes to ensure there is consistent life change and transformation for the students
- Develop opportunities to assure the students are equipped and inspired for ministry, outreach and impact
- Develop and manage connecting events and activities that help develop a sense of community to allow the students to “go” in the power of the Holy Spirit and touch the hearts of people in their schools, community and world
- Develop training opportunities to assure the teachers and coaches are equipped to provide spiritual growth and development to the students
- Collaborate with communications team to ensure congregation is aware of all youth opportunities • Effectively communicate with parents and students
- Provide care for youth and families within the church including pastoral guidance, hospital visits and follow-up
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new youth and families
- Other duties as requested by Executive Team Leaders
• Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include; prayer, study, rest and financial giving and generosity.
• Love and care for your family.
• Exhibit a positive Christian lifestyle.
• Maintain a continuing education plan for skill building and self-improvement and refreshing. • Be actively involved in the life of the church as a church member
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry who has a love for children and families.
- Understanding of Crossroads’ mission and values and intentionality in fostering these elements across all aspects of church life and ministry
- Positive attitude and approach with Christ-like interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, skilled in prioritizing tasks and workflow
- Attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Administrative skills, including writing and editing, mastery of church management
- Team player with servant’s heart
- Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Administrative assistant or equivalent professional experience.
- Writing skills, reporting skills, supply management, scheduling, organization, time
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 George W Liles Pkwy NW Concord NC 28027
Email: Click to email