Organist, Pianist, Accompanist
The organist/accompanist has an integral role in the music ministry of the church. In addition to extensive keyboard training & the ability to play organ well, the organist/accompanist must be able to work with different age groups & a wide variety of skill levels to support the worship team & the overall music ministry of Trinity. As a part of the worship team & a representative of the Church, the organist/pianist must reflect the love of Christ for all peoples & enthusiasm for a variety of musical styles.
Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent skill & experience. Successful candidates will be organized, dependable, energetic, cooperative, & a self-motivated team player.
- Accompany Adult Choir in weekly rehearsals & Sunday morning warm-up rehearsals under the direction of the Director of Music & Worship Arts. Music will be provided in advance to allow for preparation.The accompanist will arrive at rehearsals & services well prepared to play vocal parts as well as accompaniment.
- Play organ & piano for Sunday morning worship services
- Accompany Adult choir, instrumentalists & soloists in Sunday morning worship services.Rehearsal with instrumentalists & soloists will be arranged by the parties involved.
- Special services:Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Maundy Thursday, Moravian Love Feast, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (when Christmas falls on Sunday)
- Play for funerals & weddings as available.If unavailable, assist with securing a qualified substitute.
- Maintain lines of communication with the Director of Music & the Pastors.(Check email & text messages twice daily)
- Additional responsibilities as negotiated with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee
- Four weeks paid vacation annually after first year.
- Additional pay for weddings & funerals.
- Sick leave as negotiated with Staff-Parish Relations Committee
The Staff–Parish Relations Committee will provide an annual evaluation as specified by The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church. During the evaluation process, the organist/accompanist will have the opportunity to participate in discussions related to issues of concern to the individual.
Contact: Brenda Goldfaden, Director of Music
Church/Org/Business Name: Trinity United Methodist Church
Address: 416 Martin Luther King Jr, Ave, Kannapolis 28083
Email: Click to email