Part-time Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
Approximately 15 hours / week
Christ United Methodist Church
8020 Belhaven Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28216
Starting Salary - $12,000
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Collect invoices
- Make payment – online bill pay or generate paper check
- Enter paid invoices in accounting system
- Maintain paid invoice file
Manage payroll system. We use an outside payroll vendor.
- Add any new employee into the payroll
- Request payroll inputs
- Input the payroll to the payroll vendor
- Enter the payroll into the accounting system.
- Print and distribute W-2s at year end.
Assist the Preschool Director as requested. The level of assistance has varied sharply, depending on the Director.
- Preschool Budget preparation.
- Compare actual results to budget.
- Generate appropriate reports.
- Manage preschool tuition payments and church donations via online giving
- Enter bank deposits into the accounting system.
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly report for Finance Team.
- Maintain a record of sales tax, and twice yearly submit an application for sales tax refund.
- Create proposed budget for Finance Team consideration.
- Prepare three charge conference reports: Fund Balance, Report of the Finance Team, and Trustees Report.
- Prepare the financial portion of the year end statistical report requested by the conference.
- Annual certifications required by Benevity Causes and by Vanco.
- Workers Comp Insurance annual audit.
Contact: Carolyn Harte
Church/Org/Business Name: Christ UMC
Address: 8020 Bellhaven Blvd Charlotte 28216
Email: Click to email