Minister of Traditional Music
Mills River UMC seeks a Minister of Traditional Music to lead all music programs and activities for the traditional worship service and encourage all worshippers to deepen their faith and discipleship in Christ. Responsible for the spiritual health and musical development of volunteers participating in services.
·Lead, plan, and oversee the musical portions of the Traditional Worship Service to include the chancel choir, handbells, youth choir / orchestra and other music ensembles that support the traditional and special event worship services throughout the year.
·Plan and promote activities in consultation with the Senior Pastor to support the traditional service’s goals and objectives, and communicate these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
·Recruit, nourish and support volunteer musicians and vocalists for the traditional service.
·Encourage and facilitate fellowship among volunteer teams (choir, handbells, etc.)
·Direct and supervise the Accompanist to ensure effective implementation of the music activities.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of MRUMC
- Commitment to keep a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and as part of a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a music related field or at least 5 years’ equivalent experience in a combination of education, experience, and training as a musician.
- Experience as a worship leader of a traditional worship
Contact: Pastor Joe Precht
Church/Org/Business Name: Mills River United Methodist Church
Address: 137 Old Turnpike Road Mills River 28759
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view